john shelby~home

i missed him. his presence. his touch. everything.
the war had changed everything. i worked in the local factory making ammunition along with my good friend ada. we worked day in day out to do our bit for the war effort. when we got home we would sit inside our blacked out rooms and dream of life after the war.
when i slept i would pretend john was beside me or holding me and i longed for him to greet me when i got home from
work.
me and john were never together but how i longed to be his. for him to take me out, to kiss him and for everyone to know i belonged to him.
the day finally came when the boys would be back. me and my mother rushed off the the station early in the morning awaiting my brother's arrival home.
when i caught sight of him he was walking along with the Shelby brothers. i ran up to him as fast as my legs would take me and immediately jumped into James' arms.
"i missed you so much James!" i say a smile beams on his face and he hugs me tighter
"you wouldn't believe how much i missed you" as i pulled myself off of him my mother pulls him into a hug and my eyes wonder around me. i make eye contact with the blue eyes i've been longing to see.
"hello stranger" john says before pulling me into him by the waist. before i could reply he connects our lips and i melt into his touch.
when we finally pull away we burst into laughter before heading out of the station.

"and that's how i knew i loved your dad elizabeth"