𝟬𝟬| 𝗮 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗻

┏━━━━━━༻☀LUMINOUS// ben parrish☀༺━━━━━━┓

by evie beckett

A MISSON| 00

┗━━━━━━━━༻☀ third-person ☀༺━━━━━━━━┛

KNOCKING ON THE DOOR the blonde patiently waited for permission to enter.

"Come in." a faded voice came behind the metal door.

She opened the door and looked toward the man in the chair. There was no need for her to look around the room considering she was already so familiar with it.

"You called for me father?" She spoke gently, not wanting to anger him.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that. I adopted you, that does not mean I am your father or care for you." 

Sergeant Reznik had adopted Hadley, Evan, and Ramona Walker at a very young age. He forged them into lethal weapons, the best silencers planet Lyra has seen. 

He never cared for them. That's why he sent both of Ramona's older siblings to complete an assassination only for them both to never come back. She was the only Walker left standing and she was trapped in Wright Patterson, training.

All she wanted to do was avenge her brother's death, and if that meant she had to take down all of the earth then so be it.

He had sent whatever she had left to die, but she still had to stand here and pretend to respect him.

"Sorry, Sergeant." She held her head a little higher. She roughly clasped her hands behind her back to keep her leaning over the desk and strangling him.

"Don't let it happen again. Onto business." He readjusted a few papers on his desk and looked back up to Ramona. "We have 53 squads, 53 different squads ready to attack the human race. And 49 of them look like naked mole rats! So I will be sending 49 soldiers into the midst of these failures. You are one of them. You will be sent into squad 53 at exactly 0630 hours. You will make them stronger, faster, smarter."

Was he crazy? She didn't want to help them, she wanted to kill them. She wanted to make them pay for what they did to Hadley and Evan. 

"Sergeant Reznik, with all due respect this is the worst idea ever. Why train humans to do the job we silencers can do better! And you know-"

"Quiet! You have stepped out of line Private Walker. Tomorrow you will be for Private Torch as long as it takes! I will hear no more complaints from you, am I clear?" Reznik was mad, he had stood up and was now cowering over her, spitting in her face.

"Yes Sir!" She was beyond furious. She snapped her head to the door and walked towards it. Just as she was about to leave she heard words come out of Sergeant Reznik that should have stayed buried 6 feet under.

"Don't fail me as they did."

She took a deep breath in and scurried out the door, mentally preparing herself for tomorrow.

authors note.

she may seem really annoying at first, but trust me. Character development is coming your way. And I hope you fall in love with her as much as Zombie will.

528 words