1

i never got how people enjoyed their life, then again i never had the best of it. never really had a family, or friends in that matter.

i left my old house in Kansas as soon as i turned 18. the only reason i don't call it my home though is because it's never felt like it. my adoptive parents were never that involved with what i do, they thought having a kid would be magical but i guess i wasn't what they expected.

i was 14 when i got adopted.

it's been 9 years since then, but only 5 since i moved out to LA. during my time here it hasn't been the best i must admit. i relapsed after an incident with a past boyfriend...let's just say that left some scars.

it wasn't all that good back in Kansas either but i try to forget the most that happened there.

somehow no matter where i go, i end up sad or just in a worse situation. At least in Kansas i had "parents" i never talked to them much but at least they were there. Now im sitting alone in my apartment. with nobody to talk to and just stuck in my thoughts. which are now interrupted by the LOUD ASS MUSIC playing from next door.

I knew my neighbors were around my age but they were also very annoying. every friday there would be multiple, multiple people in the apartment next to mine. loud music, lots of talking, and it would go on for forever.

i've also noticed a lot of cameras being used around them but i don't have that good of an attention span so who really knows.

but this has happened every week on friday night, and now i've had enough of it.

i opened my door and faced the one next to it. i gathered all my courage and knocked politely. it was a rather soft knock so i doubt anyone could hear it. though, to my surprise, a blonde boy opened the door and asked me a simple question. "uh did you need something?" "actually yeah, if you could all quiet down, i'm trying to sleep" i answered in an annoyed tone. he seemed very confused with my answer though. "you do know it's barely 10 right?" could he state anymore of the obvious? "yes i go to bed early but please just quiet down i've had enough"

i started to turn away when i heard another voice "Hey sam who's that?" i quickly turned back around to see a tall boy with brown hair and streaks of red. he kinda looked like a tampon...anyways

i needed to answer quickly so it wasn't weird, seeing he was waiting for an answer. "uh yeah actually i was just asking for you guys to quiet down" now both boys were peeking out the doorway with that same confused look

"oh yeah uh ok we'll keep it down a bit, sorry about the noise" and with that i walked back to the apartment to finally get some sleep.

i had never changed out of my pajamas from the night before so it was easy just to get in bed. i've also never been able to sleep in complete silence. i got used to falling asleep to people yelling so ever since i got away from the horrible places, i've slept with music playing.

i'm not gonna lie, it was a restless night. i couldn't fall asleep until almost 4:00 AM and woke up around 9:00. With tossing and turning all night, tired would be an understatement.

Every morning, as basic as it sounds, i get Starbucks. it's quick and nearby the apartment. but first i have to get dressed. i have quite a few clothes to pick from and it's not the most normal style i guess? i like to dress grunge or alt or even the occasional "emo" is what i'm called. and since it's a Saturday morning and i'm very  tired i dressed casual. an AC DC tee and jeans with some fishnets under. Nothing too fancy.

I've also never been to big on caking my face with makeup. i apply a bit of concealer, mascara and eyeliner and i'm ready to go. i grab my keys and start to walk out my door. and my clumsy ass tripped over...a bag? i got up from the floor and looked at the paper bag in front of my door. It was a Starbucks bag with a small green sticky note on it. it read "sorry about last night, hopefully you enjoy breakfast -sam" 

i remembered the tampon calling the blonde dude Sam so i guessed it was him. i picked up the bag and saw it was a dragonfruit refresher. I'm not saying i dislike the drink, but it's not my favorite. I thought about knocking on the door of Sam's apartment but quickly ignored the thought thinking he probably wouldn't be up and possibly be hungover (if he drank that is). I knew i would have to thank him at some point because that's just the type of person i am. 

i drank my drink rather quickly but didn't mind since i was pretty hungry. i then remembered that i needed to thank sam and went over to my desk drawer. i got another sticky note and wrote thank you for the drink and from Natalie. i walked out and quickly slipped the note underneath Sam's door.

I didn't know when he'd see it or even if he would but i still think it was necessary. I never did much in my day so i just scrolled through instagram until around 2:00 in the afternoon. yes, that long. It wasn't until i actually looked at the clock that i realized how long i was on my phone. i decided to grab some fruit snacks and sit down to watch a show i've been watching recently. It was called Heartstopper,  and it is a pretty gay show but it's also very good. and something not many people know is that i'm bisexual. I never thought it was obvious but it's a fun little fact. 

it was around 10 PM when i decided to go to sleep. I quickly changed into some shorts and a long shirt. i was removing my makeup, brushing my teeth, and other hygiene when i got a text from,

Alex

i havent talked to him since we broke up and that was at least 2 years ago. I hesitated opening the message but i knew i would have to. i slowly clicked on his contact.

just so you know i found someone better, while you were sitting alone crying like that idiot bitch you are i was finding girls that are better than you, ones that don't have a broken past and scars on their skin. nobody will ever like you, you're fat and ugly, suicidal and depressed. i wish you died the first time you tried to commit cause that would make my life so much better and probably everyone else you know. you don't have friends and you were disowned for a reason. i hope you die soon bitch.

i knew it wasn't a good idea to open it. but i didn't know how much it affected me until i felt the first tear slip down my cheek...

AND THATS THE FIRST CHAPTER WOOOOOO

that was 1217 words...woah

anywho um i hope y'all liked it because it took me forever, next chapter will be Sam's POV but it will also show more than what just happened this chapter. I don't know if this was a bit fast but once again i hope you all liked it :)

i know this sounds stupid, but it's been like 7 hours since this was posted and i already has 5 reads :D