☆ ʰᵉˡˡᵒ ʰᵘᵐᵃⁿ☆

Your POV

After the battle with Dr. Robotnik, Knuckles had nowhere to go. 

Maddie and Tom wanted Knuckles to stay with them and so did Sonic, but Knuckles isn't exactly the most delicate creature.

He would unintentionally breakthrough objects like it was nothing. Of course, it was accidental.

He wasn't used to...well not breaking things. 

So Maddie decided to let him stay with you. 

You didn't mind if Knuckles broke things because you break things all the time. 

You understood that Knuckles was probably homesick so you went out and got some furniture for him that was similar to what he said his home was like. 

You had a whole day to prepare for his arrival and being the procrastinator that you are, you were pushing to the second he arrived. 

You've never been so nervous, you had never seen an alien echidna before.

Knuckles POV

I had arrived on this planet only days ago.

Sonic had informed me that I would be relocated to reside with another human. 

The only humans who I was fond of were Tom and Maddie. 

"Knuckles are you nervous?"  the fox asked. 

"I am no coward fox. I just do not understand why I must be relocated." I answered sternly.

"Well, Knuckles...you have a habit of breakin' everything you touch," Sonic answered nervously.

I understood my tendency to destroy everything in my grasp but I was still displeased with my relocation.

"Knuckles it'll be okay. My friend Y/N is great." the human named Maddie said. 

I just nodded my head and continued to stare at the scenery of Earth as drove there in my victory chariot. 

3RD POV 

When everyone arrived at Y/N's house they were barely ready. 

They were running around the house like a crazy person and everyone could see that through the windows. 

Knuckles POV

The human was running around their house with objects that I had never seen before. 

One of the objects being held looked like a sword, but a smaller version. 

"Why that human running with that small sword?" I asked the human Maddie.

"Knuckles that's a knife, we use it to cut up food." the human named Maddie replied.

"This human is foolish to run around with such a sharp object," I stated firmly. 

The group began to walk to the front of the building.

Then Sonic knocked on the door causing the human to drop something inside. 

Your POV

They knocked on my door and it startled me so you dropped everything in your hands. 

You scattered to pick everything up and then ran to the door. 

"Sorry guys I was not prepared at all...anyways come on in," you said loudly. Too loudly, in fact, you noticed your own volume. 

Everyone came in at their own pace, Knuckles included. 

Sonic of course ran in quicker than everybody else, he had already been to your house. 

Tails was curious so he came in with Sonic but Knuckles took a couple of extra minutes in the doorway. 

He was taking in his new surroundings, which is understandable. 

You waited for him to feel comfortable. 

Eventually, Knuckles began to come inside the house. 

He navigated through each room and you just admired him. 

Everyone else just helped set up his belongings and helped you by telling you about Knuckles.

While Sonic was telling you Knuckles' hobbies you saw him out of the corner of your eye. 

He was just standing next to Tails staring at you with a stoic yet curious look.

You smiled at him because you wanted him to feel comfortable.

He seemed surprised but kept the same stoic demeanor, but then he began to walk over to you.

When he was close enough to you, you noticed his eyes.

They were a deep, yet bright violet color. Then he started talking. 

"Ummm...human do you have any grapes." Knuckles said still with a stern face. 

That was the first time he spoke to you.

For a small creature, he had a deep sort of manly voice that scared you a little.

"Oh umm...I think I have some." you got up to go to the kitchen to see if you had any grapes.

He followed you, the only reason you knew is you could hear his loud, heavy footsteps behind you. 

Thankfully you had some grapes in the back of your fridge. You grabbed the bag and gave them to him. 

He happily shoved 10 grapes in his mouth before speaking to you again.

"Thank you human! This act of companionship is greatly appreciated!" He shouted. 

"No problem Knuckles, I can get grapes anytime you need them," you replied happily.

"And please just call me Y/N, Knuckles!" He seemed happy to hear what your name was.

"All right, thank you Y/N the human!" He shouted happily.

You realized you didn't need to be nervous anymore.

You and Knuckles were roommates now.