I Think I Jinxed It

Sooner or later, morning rears it's head around the corner and makes the sunlight shine through the curtains. Jimin and Y/N wake up with a yawn and stretch, their bones popping as they do so. "Didn't mean to stay the night over here." Jimin remarks, his voice an octave lower than normal. Y/N yawns again but shrugs it off. "Don't worry about it. Y'know my home is your home away from home. You're always welcome here." Eyes crinkle at the corners in appreciation for the kindness from his friend. "By the way, did you say anything last night after I went to sleep?" Shaking his head, Jimin denies the question. "Nope. Never said a thing. Why?" "Don't worry about it. You need to change." Y/N says as she motions to Jimin's now wrinkled uniform. "I still have clothes from the last couple of times that you've stayed here in my closet." Slight laughter fills the air as Jimin ruffles his hair. "So that's where they went. My bad, Y/N." She giggles and waves him off. Jimin wonders off to change and so does Y/N.

The duo get done changing their clothes and have a cup of coffee each before they leave for work. "Let me see your neck." Jimin tells her as she walks past him. She goes toward him, moving her hair out of the way. "Damn, Little Mama. He got you good." Brown eyes scan the damage left behind- which now has transformed itself into a blueish-purple mess. "Still hurt?" the man asks as he begins to press on it. Y/N winces in pain then bats his hand away like a small child. "Yes it hurts and still? Even though I put foundation over it? How visible is it?" Jimin makes a low whistle leave his lips and adverts his eyes. "It looks fine?" he responds while rubbing the back of his neck as his tone goes an octave higher. Y/N sighs as she runs a hand over her face. "You don't have to lie, y'know." "Okay, good, cause you can still see it. It's very visible." Jimin admits quickly. Sighing again, Y/N ruffles her hair. "I'll see you went we get to work." And with that, the duo get into their separate cars and drive to work.

The entire day, Y/N keeps her hair on her shoulder to conceal the mark left behind by her boyfriend. "Okay so, as I was saying-" "Y/N Rhodes to the main office. Y/N Rhodes to the main office." Silence and confusion go hand in hand as Y/N and Jin look at each other. Amber eyes scan the room for their other coworkers while she walks away from the scene before her. After she gets there, she knocks on the door a couple times. "Come in." a deep voice speaks. Y/N inhales deeply as she walks inside the room, her eyes looking around in anxiousness. "Have a seat." In front of the man is a small chair that's designed for children. It's a pale blue color that looks like it's been to hell and back. "You know why you were called here?" Brown hair falls as a head shakes. "I'm afraid I don't, Mr. Davidson. Could you enlighten me?" Mr. Davidson laughs mockingly. "You are here because I have gotten word that you have been constantly messing with your hair to keep something on your neck covered. Is this true?" Y/N swallows harshly. "N-" "Don't lie, Miss Rhodes." Y/N chews on her lip dejectedly.

"Yes sir. I do." "Move your hair." Nervous sweat has started to bead at the top of her forehead while she slowly moves her hair away. "Y/N." her boss states as he stares at her neck then writes something down on a piece of paper, "I've also been notified of you spending a long time in a residents room. Is this true?" The female pales indefinitely. "I'm only in the room long enough to tend to the residents, sir. I'm only a personal doctor to one." Mr. Davidson tilts his head with a fake smile. "So you are. Know that this is going on your record, Miss Rhodes, and that you are extremely close to being terminated." Y/N nearly faints on the spot. Terminated? "S-sir what do you mean by that?" The male looks at her dismally. He stands up and walks to the front of his desk then folds his arms. "It means that you are going to be released if this continues and if you don't clean up your act. Am I understood?" Eyes are watering at the thought of being fired from their favorite place in the world. "Yes, I understand." Y/N whispers. "You may leave now." Y/N almost bolts out of the room as she wipes her teary eyes.

This can't be happening. "So what did the boss want?" Jin questions as she walks past him. "Y/N?" Jin questions again before glancing over to Sam, who gives him a nod to go ahead and follow Y/N. "Rhodes!" The female freezes and squeezes her eyes shut as Jin approaches. "Girl, I was asking you what the-" Jin's voice stops the minute he sees the tears that littler his best friend's face. "Sweetie, what happened?" Straightening herself up, Y/N offers him the best smile that she can muster. "Nothing happened. He just wanted to talk about how things are going in the asylum. Like an evaluation kind of thing." she says. "Then why are your eyes red and why do you have tear streaks on your cheeks?" Jin presses making Y/N rub her eyes. "Ah, must be allergies. I've been having an issue with them here lately." The pink haired man leans forward and searches her face then goes back to his original spot.

She excuses herself before scurrying away to the solitary confinement of her office. Jin watches her leave then turns on his heel and makes his way back to where his other coworker was watching the residents along with the help of Jimin and Jungkook. A man with a head full of brown hair kept his distance from the others but was still in close proximity so they didn't have to yell. "So what was up with our boss?" Jin shrugs as the question asked by Jimin. "I don't know. She got called down to the higher-ups office and then came back with red eyes and tears streaks on her cheeks. She blamed it on allergies but when I was talking to her before she left, her eyes were clear." The workers become silent. "You don't think someone told on her about Yoongi.. Do you?.."