Chapter 37: Just Let It Happen

Chan exhaled as he leaned against his bathroom sink. He'd taken time to wash up, leaving the makeup from the day of shooting on, scared his dark circles would still be just as visible in the dim lights of the rooftop. He slipped into an oversized sweater and jeans, doing his best to feel comfortable as he rushed to the elevator. Hongjoong was waiting patiently, feeling awkward until he saw the only friend he'd made walking towards him. "Alright, ready?" Chan smiled, pressing the upward button, letting Hongjoong on, first. On the ride up, he admired the other producer's outfit, understated but comprised of expensive pieces, not unlike himself. His makeup was done, his eyebrow slit donning a cross of pearls. It was obvious he wanted to make an impression, but his personality was so subdued it made Chan smile. "You're going to love these guys," he promised. Hongjoong looked up into the Aussie's eyes, glancing quickly before looking away, nodding.

Minho's voice could be heard over the music playing before the doors of the elevator opened, the man cheering as he passed drinks around. The producers were the last to arrive, everybody sitting at a round table completely covered with fresh, catered food, two seats left open. "Aaayyee Bangchan!" The choreographer rushed toward them, holding a pair of acrylic champagne glasses, shoving them in each man's hands. "You guys decided to show up!" Minho hugged Chan quickly before moving to Hongjoong. Chan could smell the alcohol on the man's breath, already. "Thank FUCK, you're as hot as the rest of us!" Minho exclaimed to the new producer. "Lee Minho. You're gonna sit next to me, bestie." Hongjoong couldn't help but smile at how direct the choreographer was, allowing himself to be swept away to his seat beside him. Chan pursed his lips sitting between Hongjoong and Seungmin.

"Ok, so, down the line," Minho said, getting introductions in order, "this is the other man of the hour, Han Jisung, my bae." Jisung smiled, bowing slightly as Minho clung to his arm, continuing. "That's Changbin, his boo, Felix, who you've met, prince Hyunjinnie, his boo, Jeongin, aka Baby Bread, and, eternally single by choice, dandy boy Seungmin." Hongjoong smiled, bowing to each person slightly. Felix smiled and bowed to Hongjoong, turning to smile and wave at Chan. The Aussie producer did his best to smile back, Minho giving everyone the go-ahead to pile their plates with whatever they wanted. From the looks of things, the catlike man had kept his promise, getting all of Chan's favorite foods from around the city.

"Can you pass me the bread, baby?" Minho asked Jisung, the rapper doing as he was asked, the cat opening his mouth, playfully, running a hand inside his boyfriend's thigh. "Wait," Hongjoong said, "you mean, everyone here is really coupled up?" Minho bit down on the roll Jisung placed between his lips, turning back to the new producer, nodding. "Yes, pretty much everyone except those two are dating," he replied, pointing to Chan and Seungmin. Hongjoong's eyebrows rose, looking over the people sitting at the table with him. He never expected to find so many queer relationships all at once, and at a major label, no less. A weight lifted from his shoulders as he realized maybe there was hope for himself, after all.

The table of men held rowdy conversation over the course of the night, Chan having a hard time looking away from the beaming, fellow Aussie right across the way. Seated right beside him was his former fuck buddy, the producer pushing down the exhaustion and bitterness he felt in his stomach. He looked down, noticing the glasses in front of him required filling. Chan stood, offering to get Hongjoong another drink as he took both of their glasses to the champagne and wine table off to the side. "They all look happy, don't they?" Chan looked up to find Hyunjin standing beside him, looking back at the table of friends. Everyone was getting along, laughing and sharing stories like one big family. "Yeah," the Aussie agreed, smiling to himself, "it's nice." Hyunjin poured more into his and Jeongin's drinks. "You thought you were being sneaky, today," Chan remarked with a smirk. Hyunjin chuckled. "No, I was sneaky," he corrected, "you just know me well." Chan shrugged, nodding. "Can't argue with that." Hyunjin leaned his hand on his hip, turning and looking directly in the producer's eyes. "You know this kind of thing is hard for me," he said. "I'm glad my fans like my sexy concepts, but... when it's all you think about... I dare you to tell me it wasn't hard for you to dance with me, today." Chan sighed, pinching the space between his eyes. "It was, I get it." Hyunjin sighed, picking up both glasses, turning to head back. He felt Chan's hand reach out to grip his arm, turning back to meet his gaze. "You know I loved you, right?" A shared pang of guilt erupted in their chests, Chan releasing Hyunjin's arm. "I know," the idol said, pausing a moment before turning and walking back to his seat, handing a smiling Jeongin his glass.

Chan returned to sit beside Hongjoong, the new producer graciously accepting the drink. Minho rose his own glass, waiting for everyone to hold theirs up for a toast. "To Hongjoong and Jisung, welcome on board, and to Channie, Jinnie, and Binnie, best of luck on your new albums!" Everyone pressed their glasses together, taking a sip. Fuck it, Chan thought, drinking his entire glass, hoots of encouragement coming from around the table. "Let's play Never Have I Ever!" Minho cried out, the group in agreement as Felix went to grab a bottle to freshen everyone's glasses. The game went around the table, each person offering a something they've never taken part in. A few hours into the night, Chan wasn't quite sure which way was up. Couples began bowing out for the night, helping Minho to pack up the extra food, everyone having something to take home with them. Hongjoong placed a hand on Chan's back. "Are you alright?" he asked, tipsy himself. Chan looked up, drunkenly smiling and nodding. "I think we should get you back to your room," the new producer said, excusing themselves and thanking Minho for the night. He placed Chan's arm over his shoulder, walking the man back to the elevator, a bag of food in one hand. 

The elevator doors let them out onto Chan's floor, the pair shuffling down the hallway to the Aussie man's door. Chan found his room key, Hongjoong helping him guide it into the doorknob. He led the drunk man inside, placing the food in his noticeably empty refrigerator. "Do you think you can get yourself ready for bed?" Hongjoong asked, turning to see Chan looking particularly down. "Or do... do you want me to stay?" Chan looked up at Hongjoong, slowly wrapping his arms around the smaller man. "Please, stay," he said, Hongjoong's eyes widening, his heart pounding in his chest. He pulled back just enough to look the larger man in the eye before Chan pulled him in, pressing their lips together. Hongjoong's breath held completely still, uncertain of what was happening before feeling Chan's large, muscular hands coming up under his shirt to hold his bare waist. It had been so long since Hongjoong felt another man's touch, Chan's feeling warm and secure. He closed his eyes, falling into the feeling as Chan led him to his bed, laying him down and burying his face into the smaller man's neck. "Channie," Hongjoong said, quietly, "you're drunk. Are you sure about thi-" Chan silenced the shy man, pushing his tongue between his lips. Hongjoong's back arched as the Aussie man's hips fell between his legs, grinding against him. The larger man felt much larger than he was, his bulge hard against Hongjoong's thigh. Just let it happen, he thought to himself, tired of pretending he didn't want it.

The pair stripped to nothing, their hands exploring each other's warm bodies. Hongjoong was just how Chan liked, slender, soft, and beautiful. He laced their fingers together as he pressed against the smaller man's hole, Hongjoong's stomach swirling with tipsy butterflies. He braced himself as Chan pushed inside, whimpering beneath the muscular Adonis. He felt all-consumed, the man obviously just as pent up as he was. Neither spoke words, just pleasured sounds of desperate satisfaction escaping their lips as they chased their orgasms. Hongjoong flipped on top, riding as Chan's nails dug into his hips, feeling like a rag doll in his grasp. He could feel the Aussie man growing larger and harder inside him, Chan sitting up and pulling him close for a passionate kiss. The pair moaned louder behind their lips as they finished, cum shooting from Hongjoong's cock as he felt Chan flood his insides. They shared deep breaths and more kisses as they sat up in bed, for a moment, their hands still running along each other's bodies. Chan gripped Hongjoong's wrist, making sure he couldn't leave as he lifted the bed covers up and around them. They faced the wall the bed was up against, Chan spooning Hongjoong with his arm around his waist. The smaller man could tell the new idol may have needed this more than he did, thinking back to how often he noticed Chan staring across the table. He cuddled against the Aussie, closing his eyes, sleep coming easy for both of them, that night.