Chapter 21 - Axel Evans (The End)

Two weeks after the bidding project was successfully awarded to the company, Rhea and I have gone to a three-day vacation with her mom and Mickie.

We were walking along the beach and I was holding her hand. We've been getting more comfortable with each other these past few months.

"What?" She smiled as she asked. I stared into her eyes as I contemplate how to say it. I've been wanting to ask her, but I don't think the timing was right. This time could be it, though.

I sat us down on a bench by the beach.

"Have you ever thought about getting married?" I wrapped my arms around her and she held my arms.

"Hmmm...? You want to get married?" I chuckled at how she flipped that question. Mickie definitely learned from her.

"I do. If I ask you, would you say yes?"

She turned to me and winked. "How about you ask first?"

I smiled at her and her look of surprise is worth it. I stood up first before I kneeled in front of her, I held her left hand.

"I haven't met anyone like you." I started but she raised an eyebrow at that.

"You know what I mean." I complained. Her laugh eased my heart a little.

"There's no one I ever wanted to spend the rest of my life with, except with you. And Mickie." She teared up at the mention of her son.

"The first day we met, you already intrigued me. Not only because you didn't kiss me, but because you looked really attractive and beautiful, with your simple appearance."

She laughed this time, and I raised an eyebrow to ask what she's laughing about.

"You were a player, kissing five women on the same day." She giggled and I knew she's only teasing. I took out the ring from my pocket.

"I've already liked you from the first day and I liked you more and more each day, until I couldn't resist you anymore. I love you and I want to be with you. Will you marry me?" I presented the ring to her and she stared at it, before beaming while crying.

"Yes." She spoke very softly and hiccupped.

I slid the ring on her finger, pulled her up as I stood and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I deepened the kiss. I can't wait to make her my wife.

"I love you." I whispered against her lips. Her eyes contain a twinkle.

"I love you, too." Her soft voice warmed my heart. I tightened my hold on her.

When we get back to hotel, we had dinner with her mom and Mickie. Her mom congratulated us when she saw the ring on Rhea's finger. I only explained it simply to Mickie that we could live together as one family soon. He cheered upon hearing it.

When we get to our room, Rhea seemed troubled.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I hug her from behind. I tugged her further into the bed as we watched a random movie.

"I don't feel comfortable leaving my mom to live alone."

I can understand her worries. Her mom raised her alone and she stayed by her side helping her raise Mickie.

"Why don't you invite your mom to come live with us? We have enough rooms." I suggested. She's been to my house twice and I already mentioned that that's where we'll stay together.

"You would do that for me?" She asked as she looked up to me.

"I would do anything for you." I reminded her.

"You really don't mind?" She asked again.

"I don't. Whatever makes you happy, I'll be glad to do it." I pressed a kiss to her lips.

Then, I saw her crying. She turned and hugged me, hiding her head on my neck.

"What's wrong?" I asked, not expecting her to cry. I rubbed her back gently.

"You're so amazing." She cried.

"You're too kind." She cried some more.

"Baby, I'm only this way with you." I promised her.

"Don't worry about it anymore, alright?"

She nodded her head and gave me a kiss. Afterwards, she just stared into my eyes as I stared at hers. There's so much she's telling me with that expression on her face.

###

A/N: Kindly support the other stories as well. Thank you.

Book 1 - Memories of Tomorrow

Book 2 - A Lifetime with You

Book 3 - I Need Your Warmth

Book 4 - When Our Hearts Collided