Prologue/ character

Omniscient pov:

Arianna sighed as she sat in the waiting room waiting on the doctors to come out with information about her mom as she listened to her grandma hum gospel songs.

Her mom had cirrhosis of the liver and the family knew they didn't have much time with her left but arianna barely knew anything bout what her mom was going through since her mom had only told her about her diagnosis a month ago. She thought she still had more time with her mom.

She wiped her eyes before responding to a couple of messages from her friends asking where she was at since next week was the start of their senior year, they all wanted to hang out today but arianna was here in the waiting room of a hospital while they were all at a restaurant waiting on her.

"Ari." Hearing the sound of her grandma voice made her look up from her phone.

"Ma'am?"

"You need to call your dad and let him know what's going on, ik you two don't have the best relationship but we both know he loves your mom and you so you need to go ahead and prepare him for whatever happens when the doctor comes out." Hearing her grandmother saying that she knew the outcome of her mom leaving with them alive was slim.

Nodding her head, arianna got up and called her dad and it pained her to hear him breaking down on the phone cause her to hang cause she couldn't take it any longer.

Arianna used to be a daddy girl but once she got older the two started to drift apart and got to a point where they barely even talked anymore, her dad doesn't even know his child favorite hobby or any of her friends name to that matter.

"The family of Veronica Thompson..." arianna and her grandmother along with her moms siblings stood to their feet as the doctor said that.

"It's not much we can really do for her, her sacs have dropped and her blood pressure is still low...you guys need to go ahead and make your decision." Arianna felt like the world had stopped as the doctor walked out the waiting room.

Moments later...

Her family had made the decision to pull the plug so she'd go out a peaceful way and that broke arianna inside since her mother wasn't going to see her graduate, see her pick what college to go to if she decided to go and other huge milestones.

Arianna watched as her mother took her last breath right in front of her. She never knew pain like this existed as she broke down in her grandmother arm who rubbed her back while crying herself.
————————

Meanwhile hakeem was out with his friends thinking about the argument him and his mother had before he left the house.

Flashback ~

"Your just like your father." Hearing that made Keem blood boil since his father had been dead for the past 6 years his mom had always compared him to his dad every time they argued

"Stop comparing me to the man that you barely loved." His mother was shocked at his words.

It wasn't no shocker that keem's mom and dad were having a rocky marriage that caused her to step out and one night when his father had finally had enough he was killed by a drunk driver otw to meet a lawyer bout a divorce.