CH. 1

With one minute left in the fourth the pole clears the ball and gets it in the box, coach quickly calls a timeout. "Regroup here boys were running 'Carolina'" the most risky but effective play in our playbook "remember pass down pick down y/n then take it if it's open if not look for the slip backside or the cut off the pick" ''yes coach" you say. "This is it boys lets go remember boys the devil is in the details" coach is a bad bad man at the most pivotal part of the season he mentions our motto that we all made day 1? All of our team got the phrase tattooed on us somewhere, mine is on my upper thigh. As I listen to the crowd go crazy I think back to how I got here.

y/n lives a very weird life, you had a very normal childhood to the age 9; where everything changed. Mother's death completely tore the family apart, you were too young to really feel the consequences but older siblings and father got less aware about everything and stopped caring about anything, everyone in the family started to become fat and fail at everything this kept continuing until the age of 15. Where your father made a decision that changed y/n life.

Boarding school, it completely changed your life. An all boys boarding school in Mass sounded like a terrible idea and you really really didn't want to go but you had no choice and none the less you were there. When going there you were introduced to a bunch of support and encouragement that you did not get at home, your tutor, helped you become an honors student, your advisor helped you deal with all your issues at home and your friends introduced you to lacrosse and working out, two things that you would quickly surpass them in.

As the year went on and life continued you slowly lost touch with your family and the grind started. The hours and hours you spent in the gym showed having a massive six pack and huge arms, legs, and chest. You almost resembled an anime character with how good your physic was. The lacrosse grind picked up to as you would spend lonely days and nights on a wall practicing throwing and catching. This grind would take you to the top of your class in athletics as a freshman though you got cut from varsity lacrosse. This hurt you physically and mentally. You went to the gym even more motivated and spent even more time on lacrosse.

You made the team your sophomore year, and was a starter. The grind paid off. You had a pretty productive sophomore year at two way midi, you locked people down and then ran up the field and scored. Even got ranked #2 in your class and had offers where ever you want.

The crowd noise was suffocating and near our bench it was very negative hence we were away playing. This was a huge game for us to win to get into the New England lacrosse tournament. Coach called up 'Carolina' which was a pass down pick down to me and my first look was to shoot.

We come out of the huddle and they are in black (lockdown/no one is supposed to be able to pass) defense I make a cut to get the ball. Then I signal for the other midi to come down and pick for me. It works. The pick freed me and I have an open look at the goalie and I are at a standoff. Quickly, I hit a hitch and go low too high to score. The crowd goes silent. I run over to their student section and put a hand over my mouth signaling them to shush.

And that's the game. After the post game meal, y/n and some teammates ride in your jeep. When you get back to school in your room after your shower you get a notification on your phone from instagram.

"WHAT THE FUCK CHALI D'AMELIO SLID INTO MY D'MS"