☾✩☽Chapter 20☾✩☽

Nothing felt the same. I lost a part of my soul, but that does not mean I'd sulk the rest of my life; that would only mean I wasted the sacrifices everyone made. Without them, I would not have succeeded.

__

I stood in front of the empty throne room as the warm breeze from the open wall beside me crept in. I held the bracelet on my wrist tightly as I reminisced each and every memory I had with him. It was hard to think that only a month had passed, a month since everyone died. "Vi?" I heard, I turned to look who was behind me, "Silas," I greeted as I made my way closer to him, my white dress stroked the marble floors. "Estiana asked for you," the protector smiled warmly, I nodded. 

He followed beside me as we both made our way to the gravel paths of the garden where I used to train, now had fewer assassins...No Franz, no Arwen...and no Laika. The morning summer sun tickled my face as we ascended into the garden, embracing the warmness of the light as it made the golden embroidery on my dress shine, my platinum white hair shining like a star. On the bench but the central fountain, where Xavier and I once sat as he showed me a trick now sat Estiana, waiting for me. I approached her by gently placing my hand on her shoulder, she place her's about mine as she looked at me with warm eyes, "Sit," she said. I sat beside her as the sun made my eyes gleam. 

For a moment she was silent, and I began to wonder what was in her mind. "Has anybody told you your eyes look beautiful under the radiant sun?" once the words came out of her mouth my heart dropped, yes, someone did...

"Thank you," I said in a breathy chuckle, "How are you, Vi?" she asked, looking for an answer in my face, I nodded. "I'm alright..." I spoke, but I knew well that she can tell lies from truth. "I see," she nodded. "And the child?" she now looked above at the skies. Yes, a child; when Xavier passed, his power did not just pass onto me, but rather he had planted life within me who would be the next wielder of his power, and now I conceive his child of fire.  I gently caressed my stomach, "It's alright, I can still feel its warmth," I smiled warmly at the life Xavier had left for me, at least he was not fully gone. Estiana nodded with a warm smile on her face, "Do you think it would be a boy Estiana?" I wondered, she turned to face me before placing her cold but gentle hands on my stomach. Her eyes opened before she smiled, her hands still on my stomach, "This child is strong, passionate, smart but it is also loving, caring, and kind," she smiled at me. A warm smile appeared on my face. "I'll raise this child with all the love I can give," I said as I looked at Estiana, "I know you will," she smiled before reaching for something besides her. When I saw the folded parchment in her hands, I instantly recognized the writing of my name was written with. My smile saddens me as she held it out to me. 

"You will have to read this at some point," She weakly smiled. I took a deep breath in as my gaze switched from the letter to her, "What's inside it?" I asked as tears threaten to fall, she took my hand as she placed the letter in my grasp, "His words," she gently pats my hand that now held the letter. She sighed deeply, "You don't have to read it right now, but I don't want you to regret it if you don't," she smiled one last time before leaving me on the bench. 

I sat in silence as I looked at the letter in my hands. If I read this I know I would cry, I know I would feel that striking pain of grief in my heart if I read the words he had left. But then again, Estiana was right...I would regret it, he may have left this life, but he still remains as gold in my memories, as the burning fire that warmed my heart.

I closed my eyes as I reach for the warmness within me, I felt our child... and its warmth was as close as how his felt. Suddenly I felt hands on my shoulder, I opened my eyes as I looked at the shadow above me, "The carriage is ready for our trip to Keegan," Silas informed me, I nodded before I stood up. "I'll put this in my quarters first, wait for me at the gate front," I told him as we walked into the palace. For a moment we were silent, but just when we turned to a hall, making our way up the stairs, Silas spoke "If you don't mind, what is that paper?" he asked, giving in to his curiosity that I had been feeling in the silence. I chuckled, "Must you know everything, Silas?" I playfully rolled my eyes. He clicked his tongue as did his fingers, "Communication and honesty are very much needed between us, just so you remember," he sarcastically smiled, I chuckled once again, "It's a letter," I replied before making my way up another pair of stairs, leading to my quarters. I stopped midway, "Silas," I paused, looking down at the white-haired boy, he hummed. I was about to ask him a question about grieving, but I knew him too well that he would not stop asking questions, "Never mind," I sighed with a smile. "Could you at least tell me who the letter is from?" he beamed. "I'll see you outside, Silas," I waved at him without looking before I disappeared into another hallway.