PROLOG

THE

THE

Sitting in a chair with a white table in front of me, I look up. A boy, maybe around the same age as me, looked up as well. Our eyes locked for a split second. I was the first to break the bond. I wanted to know why I was here. Why, this boy across from me. A door opens before closing. An older male entered the room. It was like we were being interrogated by the police. "(Name), meet Newt. Newt, meet (Name)." The male briefly introduced us.

The boy just stared at me in confusion. I would've done the same if I had not been more confused as to why I'm here. "You must be confused why you're here," the male walked to the side of the table, "and I'm here to answer you." I could tell he was speaking slowly just to build up the tense and damn he was doing it well.

He turned away from us, waving his hand in a motion. A hologram appears. It shows Newt's and mine basic information. "We ran some tests when you were sleeping. Sounds creepy but it was for a benefit." He motions his hands once more. Two graphs of some sort appeared. They were split obviously, but the information was uncomfortable. "We've tested your brains and blood for a few weeks. Doing that made us discover something between you two. You guys seem compatible enough to be partners in crime. How does that sound?" Newt looks up at the male as I follow shortly after. The male just smiles at both of us.

I gasp, my pulse shooting. Looking around I see boxes inside of a box. I could feel my clothes sticking onto my body. Questions bubbled in my head. Where was I? Why am I in a box? Et terca. It was until the box abruptly stopped that my mind went blank. Sun hit my eyes and all I could do was squint. Shadow figures hover over to me. "It's a girl?..." My eyes adjusted to the light for a moment.

Someone jumps down to pick me up. All I could do was follow their movements before finally getting out of that annoying box. I then realized that there were only three people here. "Do you remember anything?" My head shots up to see a dark skinned male. By the looks of it, he seemed to be the leader.

I go back to my thoughts. Trying to remember anything only to come up blank. "Nu-no..." I stutter on my words. My throat went dry as everyone looked at me. My breathing quickened and that's when I realized I was panicking. I dig my nails into my arm to calm myself. No one seemed to notice except the tall male in front of me.

He was shuffling in his pockets before quickly taking something out. He hands the object to me. It was a lollipop. "It's okay, I'm Alby and I'll tell you everything you need to know," he hesitates on his words,

"Greenie."