X. Tauntings of a Heartless Beauty

Stubborn Hearts:

X.   Tauntings of a Heartless Beauty

AMANDA

It was an awkward morning like all mornings I had when Cassandra and I were practically strangers minding their own business. Silence hovered around us as we moved about in the dorm, avoiding eye contact and skin as well. It was like we didn't want anything to do with each other. Though, I still considered Cassandra as my friend. I didn't care if she kissed Helena anymore. It peeved me still but I don't want to risk a friendship over some girl. I just wanted my friend back but I highly doubt I would get her any soon.

The only words we told each other was either 'Have you seen my bag?' or 'Are you going to take a shower first or should I?' It was weird to not even say 'hello' to each other. Once we left the dorm, we went our separate ways. Cassandra went to her friends while I stayed by myself. Cassandra was practically my only friend. I didn't enjoy the company of snobby rich girls who flaunt their money. I mostly grew closer to Melanie but to call her my friend...felt strange. She was like Helena and Dani. She was hiding something that wasn't meant for me to hear from her.

Each time I saw Helena made me cower back. I couldn't get that image from my mind. The way she stared at Lois after she pushed her away from her. I understood why she got mad. Lois practically flung herself at her and started kissing her. I was slightly jealous that Lois had the guts to kiss Helena while I stayed in the corner, debating with myself if I should or not. Every time I had the guts to kiss Helena, I'm easily taken away from her and warned not to mess with her. So many warnings that I was fed up with.

What could Helena possibly do if I actually crossed her path in a rude way?

According from the other day, I was afraid and possibilities flooded my mind. Helena had that look that made the strongest man cower. Helena seemed she was capable of terminating anyone who got in her way even if it comes to killing someone. She was one person I didn't want to get in her bad side.

I grabbed my school bag and left the dorm, hardly saying anything to Cassandra. I wanted to at least say goodbye but knowing her, she would stay quiet and hum to herself. I sighed and walked down the corridor, hearing girls arguing about how they used their clothing without permission. This academy was like a household. Everyone were sisters arguing with each other non-stop. It was annoying to say the least. There were some nights where I heard my next door neighbors screaming at each other whether one of them disrupted the other's sleep or ruined their train of thought by playing music.

I wonder what Cassandra and I sound like when we do get into a heated argument even though I don't want to go there. But I had a feeling there would be an argument in the horizon for the both of us.

I walked down the stairs and rushed out of the dormitory building and towards the English building. The morning sun was slowly rising and birds chirped away, their music floating with the wind. There was a slight breeze but nothing to make me shiver. I pulled my cardigan tighter around me out of habit and clutched my bag to my side. Before I touched the bottom step, I heard a light whimper. I looked around the lunch court for any sign of where that whimpering came from. All I saw were girls heading to their classes. None of them seemed to be in pain, not that I know of.

"Is...is anybody hurt?" I asked, feeling foolish to say that.

I was practically talking to myself. What if it was just an injured animal instead of what I thought it would be? Wouldn't I be stupid.