lesson 2. public affection

[ recap ]

You were leaning against your locker reading a book when suddenly someone came and stood in front of you. Jungkook reached his hand closer to your face and tugged your hair behind your ear. You took off one of the headphones and looked at him blankly.

"Was that sweet?"

Right. He's trying to get me to feel butterflies.

"It was cute, but like I said before practicing with me would be pointless because I don't like you, in case I haven't made that clear to you."

"Yeah but it's better to practice with someone who doesn't like me than rather with someone who does." He grabbed one of your headphones and placed it on his ear, you nodded at his comment while you went back to reading your book. You were so into your book that you didn't realize Jungkook had intertwined his hand with yours.

He stood next to you, watching how immersed you were into your book. He loved watching you be you.

"Y/N...how could you," Lora spoke through her shattered voice when she saw how close you and Jungkook were. Her own best friend dating the guy who destroyed her heart into millions of pieces. Lora felt so betrayed in that second.

"Wait, Lora let me explain-" but Lora didn't wait. Instead she went running down the hall with her head down crying. You tried to go after her but Jungkook pulled you back.

"Will you let go!"

"But I'm practicing right now with you-"

"Forget about the lessons, Lora is more important to me," you freed your hand from his grip and went to chase Lora into the restroom.

"Lora please let me explain myself-"

"You were the one who said Jungkook is a total jerk! You were the one who said you didn't like him and now you're dating him!" Lora looked at you through the mirror as you were standing behind her. "You know how much I still like him and then you go and date him behind my back."

"Lora you don't understand, let me explain-"

"No, what I understand is that you have been trying to get me to get over Jungkook so you can have him all for yourself. So much for being my 'bestfriend' y/n," she pushed past you and exited the bathroom.

She cannot be serious! Is she really going to end our friendship over one guy? She's being so selfish. You looked at yourself in the mirror as you let out a deep sigh, you wet your face a little and walked out.

You went back to your locker to find Jungkook gone, your body relaxed when you didn't find him there. After the argument you had with Lora you couldn't face Jungkook, because of him you lost one of your best friends.

"Why the gloomy face?"

"Oh, nothing," you turned around and smiled at Taehyung throwing your backpack over your shoulder.

"Did you get my texts last night? I waited for you but you never came."

"I had to help my dad with something sorry," you lied as you looked away, why am I lying to him? You took out your phone and went over to check the messages, you totally forgot that you were supposed to help him babysit his little sister.

"I'm so sorry Taehyung I should've texted you. But what did you want to talk about-" and in that second Taehyung leaned in and placed a quick soft kiss on your cheek. Blinking a few times, you smiled at him, cheeks turning red on cue. Just a small kiss ignited warm was to flow all over your body. His hand reached for yours and grabbed a hold of your pinky, "I like you y/n."