-o n e-

"Can you stop fucking moping kenz , why don't you try to find another cute guy here. The one from the summer isn't going to be here. Might as well make the best of this town, even though its shitty compared to New York " the girl said to her sister. Elle had short, long dark brown bangs, with a piercing convering every square millimetre of her ear, whilst Mackenzie kept her long, wavy blonde hair, placed into a lazy half up half down knot.

"yeah I fucking know Elle, but we just, clicked, you know?" "It's kind of shitty that I didn't know or find out anything about him. I wasn't even that drunk I should've asked him for his name or number"

Mackenzie sighed and thought of the summer. It was a blur of drunk teenagers, parties and music so loud she could feel the beat vibrate in her palms. But the accelerated fun she had meant nothing in the face of the last night of holidays. She was sitting on the Beach on Catalina Island, looking at the stars to escape the routine of parties. To her surprise, a boy joined her. He had dark brown hair, a chiseled face and piercing blue eyes. Before she realised, they spent 3 hours talking about everything and anything. They just, clicked. Before she could ask him for his number or anything about him, he left. But before he did, he kissed her. It was the best kiss of her life. Time, stopped for her in that moment, and Mackenzie would do anything to relive it. She would do anything to see him again.

"Whatever you hopeless romantic, just get ready for school. I don't want to be late for our first day" "Fuck off, I'm the fast changer between us and plus, I'm the older one, so I'm driving". 

Elle let out a frustrated huff of air, and put on her socks. She laughed at kenz, who was frantically laying out her outfit in the middle of straightening her hair and applying mascara. Elle sensed the situation and put on Dominic Fike's '3 Nights'. 

Mackenzie loved Dominic's music, she fell in love with it, as well as the rappers she saw on the Lyrical Lemonade YouTube channel.  She found comfort in music this summer, because she needed something to fill the gap left by her father cheating on her mom and making them move states to Boston. "15 minutes left beauty queen" Elle warned, before rolling her eyes and going to the kitchen to get breakfast. 

The two hurriedly left their house and got to school. 

fuck. It was different. Different than what she expected. 

Mackenzie's POV                                                                                                                                                                                                         

I walked into a sea of people in the hallway. I walked Elle to her locker then walked to find mine. Just then, I saw a boy. He had his headphones in, and was talking to a beautiful girl. I had no problem talking to people, I got a kick out of making friends with strangers. "Do any of you have anything to help a pretty severe case of claustrophobia??" I said, frantically laughing. To my fortune, they smiled and said "guessing you're new here?" "Yep, I moved here fro-" "Wait let me guess" the girl said, "small town?" "Nope, New York", before they could wonder how Boston felt crowded to me , I mouthed " private school".  We laughed together, introducing ourselves, "My name's Mackenzie, but you can just call me kenz", "I'm Nick, well Nicolas but no one really calls me that", and the girl introduced herself "I'm Alahna, so what class do you have first period". I looked at her, confusedly and said "Biology with a Mr Macintosh?" She look alarmed. "Ew, he fucking sucks. He called my parents once because I tried to Kobe a paper ball into the trash can from my seat, and I missed". I laughed hysterically, and looked slightly worried. 

They were super nice, walking me to my first class and wishing me luck. I quickly got their numbers and got to the classroom. It seemed like it would be uneventful until a guy walked in...

Third Person POV                                                                                                                                                                  

Mackenzie may have been tipsy when she met this guy, but she knew it was him. His piercing blue eyes and dark brown hair. To think of it, he kind of looked similar to Nick. Mackenzie gestured to the boy with her hand, telling him to sit next to her. He awkwardly furrowed his eyebrows, and walked over to her. "Is there a problem?" he asked. 

"Not at all, but I have a kind of weird question for you". The boy looked concerned as he ran his fingers through his hair nervously, 

"Have I met you before?" she asked, eagerly "Catalina Island this summer, on the beach that night, we watched the Stars and" "uhm- I don't think so, because I don't think I've met you" he said, worriedly. 

"Oh."

"Well, you know you look a lot like a guy I just met in the hallway, his name's Nick". The boy looked confused. 

"Are you fucking around with me or are you new here? Nick is my brother" he said, laughing. "I'm Matt". "Mackenzie, but call me kenz. And yes, I am new here. Good deduction skills" Mackenzie said, looking into his eyes. "I'm sorry I just cant fucking understand how you look so much like him. There was this guy I kissed on the beach, and I've been looking everywhere for him and-". Mackenzie paused, sensing that Matt was feeling a mixture of pity, concern and fear. She laughed and kicked in the small talk skills she picked up on holiday, casually talking to strangers. She learnt a lot from that summer. She learned how to be carefree, which is what brought her to kissing that boy in that perfect moment. 

Mackenzie's POV                                                                                          

Matt talked to me for the rest of class, talking to me about what teachers I should avoid talking in class with, and a pretty thorough run-down on the groups and the individuals in this school. 

Then lunch came around, and Alahna and Nick signalled over to me to sit next to them. I excitedly ran over to them and asked nick "Nick you didnt tell me you were a twin!" I said, excitedly. Just then, a familiar sounding voice said "we're actually triplets". I turned around expecting to see Matt, but my jaw dropped. It was 

him.