Your POV pt.3

You just wanted today to be over, but it appeared it was the never-ending day from hell.

You lay in a fetal position, watching the sun sink down into the horizon and willing sleep to come. It wouldn't, you knew that by now.

Your tears had long since dried. You were no longer angry. Instead, the anger you had felt bubbling in your chest when you had fought with Bruno had all but vanished and was now replaced with a hollow ache. The feeling was only exaggerated by the three wiggling children growing in your womb.

"Are you mad at me too?" You said out loud, rubbing a hand across your abdomen. You didn't receive a kick, only more movement that made you feel nauseous.

Crap, that reminds you; you probably needed to eat something. First, you just needed to gather the remaining shreds of your pride together to face your family and apologize to them and Bruno for running off.

You groaned at the thought.

Deep breath, y/n, you're overreacting.

Using a considerable amount of your already depleted energy, you pushed your body into an upright position on the bed. Taking in your surroundings only made the aching feeling in your chest worse. You finally got some quiet, but the darkening room was devoid of even casita's lively presence, and your husband's loving form.

Bruno.

The bed creaked as you scooted over it, ready to get off and go find your husband and some food. In that order. Only, the door opened before you could.

"Y/N!"

Bruno stood rigid in the doorway. His large green eyes fixated on you, warm and loving. He looked like he was holding back from running to you. Like he was waiting for your permission.

Eyes welling with tears, you raised your arms to him, "Bruno."

Your husband waisted no time in taking the few steps to the bed, wrapping you in his arms and holding you to his chest.

"Shh."

"I'm so sorry!," you wailed into his neck, "I didn't mean to—"

"No apologies," He whispered, running a hand through your hair.

"You were right though!" You hiccuped, "I should have been thinking of the children. I was just so lonely and tired an—"

"No, y/n."

The seriousness in his low tone made you pause.

"I'm the one who needs to apologize," Bruno whispered, one hand cradling your head to his neck, where you quickly lay several kisses, "you're my life. I never should have said anything like that, I was just so scared when I got home and no one knew where you were. I was afraid, I couldn't cope with the thought of using you or the little ones."

"I never left the encanto," you pouted.

Bruno chuckled and used both his hands to cup your face. He used his thumbs to wipe away the rest of your tears, kissing both cheeks and eliciting a giggle from you.

"I know you wouldn't," he smiled softly at you, but quickly frowned, "I'm sorry for being upset with you. If I'm being honest, leaving with Felix was the worst decision I could have made. I knew I wouldn't sleep well without you."

"I didn't sleep well either, with these guys and all," you said, gesturing to your stomach.

"Can I?" Bruno's hand went to hover above your belly.

"Of course, you're their papa," you placed your hand over his and led him to the highest point of your belly.

As if on cue, Bruno felt a kick right in the middle of his palm.

"There's mi hijo!" He beamed at you.

"And there's the other two," you replied, feeing two additional feet kick either side of you.

"You three listen!" Bruno leaned down and placed his head next to your bump, "you're taking a lot out of your mama right now, and I won't have it! You have to be good. Your mama is so strong, but she doesn't always show when she's struggling, so you have to be gentle with her. Meanwhile, I'll take care of all of you."

You ruffled his hair, sending his curls flying. He would need a haircut soon. You would have to address that; maybe after dinner. Your stomach grumbled at the thought of food.

"Oh!"

He shot straight up, as he often did when remembering something. Out of his coat pocket, he pulled out something wrapped in paper. The savory smell made your mouth water instantly. It was one of Julieta's stuffed rolls, something you had been craving your whole pregnancy. Bruno handed you the roll, but you paused before you could inhale the whole thing.

"Here, I know you haven't eaten," you began to pull the bread apart, but Bruno placed a hand over yours.

"No, mi amor, you're eating for four. Have it all."

"Bruno, this thing is bigger than my hand. Take half," pausing, you quickly added, "let met take care of you."

Bruno paused, before looking directly into your eyes.

"I'm taking care of you now."

Taking the pastry out of your hands, he tore off a piece. He brought the piece to your mouth, then used his thumb to push the food in.

You blushed. He would never be so...forward in front of his family, but now, in the privacy of your own room, he was making sure you were fed.

You allowed a few more pieces to pass through your lips before you snagged a piece of your own, repeating your husband's gesture to him.

This back-and-forth continued until the roll was all gone. Then, taking each other's hands, breathing softly, the only light in the room a candle left on the nightstand, you placed your foreheads together. The two of you had done this before, once on your wedding night, when you had told him you were pregnant, and a handful of other times. It was done in moments of charged tenderness, the two of you speechlessness in the enormity of the love you shared.

"It's hard work, looking after me, I can be high maintenance," you chuckled, meeting his eyes again.

"I like looking after you," he smiled back.

Leaning in, the two of you closed your eyes and kissed. Above you, a million stars shined in the night sky.