9.

The next day in class I don't speak to Hunter.

I can feel his eyes on me when I'm in speech class but I don't look over at him. Instead I occupy myself by listening to the teacher for once and tapping my pencil on my notebook.

Thud. A piece of notebook paper crumpled into a ball is thrown onto my desk.

I look down at the piece of paper, then glance to my right to see Hunter slouched in his desk looking over at me expectantly.

I sigh, opening the piece of paper and reading his messy handwriting.

I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye

My heart aches as I glance over again and he looks at me with an apologetic look in his eyes.

I look back down at the note, mentally deciding to forgive him for the way he acted last night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed at him for not giving Emily a chance, but that's her's and Kevin's battle to fight. Not mine.

Writing down my response, I crumple the paper back up into a ball and sneakily throw it at him. He catches it easily and opens it up hesitantly.

His eyes scan it over and a small relieved look takes over his face. His shoulders relax a bit and he looks up at me with a small smile.

I try to hold back my smile as well, looking down at my papers to try to hide it.

When class ends, I walk out into the hall and Hunter grabs my hand to walk with me and everything goes back to normal.

"What are you going to do your big speech on?" He asks as I go to my locker to switch out my notebooks.

"I'm not sure yet. I've still got a couple weeks until my presentation date. What about you?" I ask as he leans against the lockers next to me and shrugs.  He's wearing a Black Sabbath t shirt today and jeans and I can't help but look him up and down as he stands in front of me.

"It's a surprise. Although I'm sure you could guess it easily." He smirks, grabbing my waist and bringing me toward him.

I look up at him with a smile and pretend to think for a moment.

"Hmm. I wonder what could it be? Maybe disco?" I reply sarcastically and he rolls his eyes playfully.

"You know me so well." He replies with a grin.

The warning bell rings and I pout in disappointment.

"Cunt. I've gotta go. I'll see you later?" He asks and I nod happily.

He quickly leans down and plants a chaste kiss on my lips as he starts to leave.

I watch him walk away with a smile, then start making my way to my next class.