The Dream.

Hello guys! It's me! Yer faithful writer Author-kun here and I'm here guns blazin'! Before I begin, I guarantee that True Potential isn't getting scrapped. Definitely. I love that story so much, especially since it's my very first, however, due to recent circumstances, I felt like writing a darker fanfic, one that describes grief and sorrow. If I said that I wish to raise awareness of depression or stuff like that, I'd be lying, even if it did do that. My intention for this fanfic is to just channel my emotions freely, without using my voice and yet still being heard by oh so many people, unlike the real world. Just bear with me for a while, and if this story brings tears to your eyes, then my mission is complete! Now, enjoy chapter 1!

Inspired by "Atonement" and "To be Lost on the Road of Life."
________________________________________________________________________________

It was over. After turning so many people into his own pawns, capturing the Tailed Beasts, and igniting a World War, Obito's time was finally up. And he died like a hero, protecting his best friend and his students from a god...or so he thought.

"GAH!" Obito rushed up, almost like having seen a nightmare and rubbed his eyes. Looking around, the place seemed weird, almost like an apartment, and the problem was, it felt so familiar. Was this his old house? No way, firstly, it was destroyed in the Kyuubi attack, secondly and most importantly, the man was dead! Or...was he?

He shakily stood up, looking around...and realising he was actually shorter? Feeling around his face, he realised that it was smooth...like it still had baby fat in it.

"No no no....no no no no...nono....please no..." The Uchiha rushed to his bathroom mirror...which was, to his annoyance and sheer disgust, surrounded by so much Uchiha stuff...however, he was shocked when he looked in the mirror...and saw his past self. He fell to his knees, his eyes seemingly devoid of all life in them, as after 3 seconds of silence...

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" The pained shout rang all over Konoha, and in a distant household spread worry.

"No no no! NO! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!" Obito screamed at the top of his lungs, until...

"Obito! Are you ok?" A blonde figure appeared in the room, crouching right next to Obito, who looked at him with terror.

This shouldn't be happening. Minato was DEAD. Obito was DEAD! Whatever kind of Genjutsu this was, it was going to be broken.

"Kai! Kai! Kai! KAI! KAI! KAI!" His attempts to break the inexistent Genjutsu failed, and his chakra kept on flaring. He couldn't remain here, not when Kaguya was loose! Remembering his lessons from...Madara...oh how much he despised that name, Obito's hand jolted for Minato's pouch, stole a regular kunai (luckily) and slashed at his wrist, making him collapse on the floor immediately.

Minato was shocked. His eyes widened and he gasped, before immediately teleporting to the Hospital to get his cut treated.

————————————————————————

Pacing back and forth, Minato stood inside of Obito's hospital room, Inoichi Yamanaka trying to calm him down, while Tsunade of the Sannin was busy scanning Obito for injuries.

"Minato...please calm down. It's gonna be okay, it probably was some sort of Nightmare that pushed him to do that."

Minato glared at his friend. It wasn't common, but cold, piercing azure eyes burned into Inoichi, who immediately backed down and sat, eyes and ears fully and solely focused at Minato.

"It can't have been a nightmare. I'd expect it from Kakashi, especially after the Sakumo event, but from Obito? He has always been cheerful, joking around and being proud of the Uchiha Clan, despite being an outcast. We had a simple D-rank yesterday and split off after Dinner at Ichiraku's, before I found him having a breakdown on the bathroom floor. His screams...what happened to him...? He kept shouting Kai...Kai...Kai...almost as if breaking a Genjutsu, but there was nothing wrong with his chakra flow."