chapter 45

T H E T R U T H H U R T S

T H E   T R U T H   H U R T S

[AN!!

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR THIS CHAPTER- OHMYDAYYSSS. I'M SO FKN SORRY IN ADVANCE!!]

Waking up with a pounding headache I irritably groan, turning over onto my side. I lay still for a while before sitting up.

Rubbing my forehead, I freeze, seeing a glass of water, a glass of orange juice - my favorite - and two pain killers.

I got up and headed straight into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and downed both painkillers.

I got dressed into something comfortable - sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt - and finished the entire glass of juice.

I walked down to the kitchen and plopped down when I saw Katie making a literal feast.

"Mr. Antonio wants you to eat before you go and see him," she says and my body tenses.

"He wants me to 'go and see him'?" I ask and she nods, putting down a plate of food.

"Yes, ma'am. Upstairs in his office. He needs to leave so he wants you there before noon."

I hum, nodding in response as I slowly start eating.

What happened last night!

The last thing I remember is... fuck. I don't remember anything.

I finished breakfast and washed it down with two glasses of water. I hesitantly got up and made my way up to his office.

Please don't kill me.

I slowly opened the door and saw him looking down at his computer. He leaned back in his chair and pulled out his phone.

He dials a number and brings the phone up to his ear. He spits out some Italian as I walk in and his head shoots up.

He nods. "Per ora sarà tutto," he says and moves his chair back, signaling me to come and sit on his lap.

I'm hesitant at first but the look in his eyes are daring me to disobey him right now and I'm too hungover for that.

I sit down and he rests his hand on the low of my back.

He spits out some more Italian before ending the call.

Just calm down, Nirah.

"You wanted to see me," I clear my throat as he puts his phone down on the desk. "Before noon," I softly smile to myself but when I look at him he's not smiling. "Okay..." I slowly trail off. "You're not in the mood for jokes. Noted," I sigh, looking around.

"Would you be if you had to bring your drunk fiancé home from a night out after she danced with other men?" he asks and I frown.

"Would you ever dance with other men?" I playfully ask and his expression deepens. "Sorry," I quickly apologize before lowering my head.