Chapter 17: The Big Day

Henry's POV

I came back to work today because I was all better. I guess that idiots' love is what healed me. I got into the office and immediately everyone in the office was gossiping about something. I had no idea what it was. I wasn't worried though because William told me yesterday that he had gone to talk to his dad and call off the wedding. I went up to my coworkers to ask what was going on and what he said made my stomach drop. Everyone was gossiping because today apparently William and Clara we're getting married at noon in an hour. William must've tried to talk to his dad but failed. I dropped my stuff and started running. I ran all the way to the taxi stop and called for a cab. I'm not letting William go, not ever again. The taxi came and I told the directions. We were going fast and I was sweating in fear. What if I get there too late? It took me 50 minutes but I finally made it. I ran up the church steps and tried to locate the exact church William was located. It took me the last 10 minutes I had and then I finally found it. I burst through the doors and everyone's eyes were on me. I tried to look intimidating but I unfortunately fell on my face. I had lost my balance from trying to open the big oak doors. I looked up at William, he rolled his eyes and smirked. Oh god what's this idiot going to say now. But just a little side note. He looked really good in a tux. "Jesus Henry if you're going to crash my wedding can't you do it right" he said smugly and I stood up "Shut up you idiot I'm trying to save your arse from making the worst decision of your life" I said regretting trying to stop this wedding. He really knows how to piss me off. I ran up to where Clara, William, and the preacher was standing and I got a nearby mic that had been used for the choir. "It's not like you to barge in on a white veil occasion" he said smirking "Ok Taylor Swift shut up and let me speak" I said. "William, please don't say your vows, because I want you to know I love you more than anything in the whole entire world. I know that sounds corny but it's the truth. I love everything about you, your stupid smirk, your loyalty, your tears. Everything. Clara will never treat you right unlike I can" I said speaking honestly. He looked at me with happy tears in his eyes "I never thought you would admit all that wifey, about time" he said being super adorable but super smug at the same time. I put the mic down and gave him a big long passionate kiss and everyone in the church gasped horrified at what they were seeing. When we pulled away I decided to be the smug one for once. "How about that for your big day?" I said, smirking and he laughed. "Best wedding I could ever ask for wifey" I chuckled. We then ran out of the church and never looked back. Because we were running to our future, in sickness and in health. 

559 Words

Oh my god finally 🥲

Thank you for reading this story! I will be posting an epilogue so you can't get rid of me just yet 😏

Have a good day or night!

~River~