𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓴𝓲𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓮

Japan's population has been skyrocketing over the past 20 or more decades, its cities and districts are filled with locals, foreigners, and green people. The long queues in transportations still existed and never failed to attract the many busy citizens. The land of the rising sun has lots of unique destinations that differs them from most countries in the world, especially the shrines.

~~~

"Anddd... that's it."

I stopped praying and hopefully the Gods would favor me. To be completely frank, nothing is going to change really.

I would still be as unfortunate as always.

My beanie started flying for some reason, but that wouldn't be much of a problem anymore.

"So, it got stuck here?" I noticed the beanie stuck on one of the tree branches.

Fortunately, since it was quite close and with my height, I was able to grab it easily.

It's not that much of a deal since this always happens anyway, so I'll just go and roam around the neighborhood nearby to spend time.

The sky is looking vibrant, it has a beautiful ocean blue color to it. The weather is also lovely, there is wind and also enough sunlight. I can tell that today is going to be a good day.

I don't really know how things would end up like this. Being alone and attending university alone is somewhat peaceful, but at the same time, I feel very lonely.

I haven't seen my friends for a long time now, including Shikimori-san...

She must be pretty busy over there, but we never managed to meet each other in person for over two years.

I couldn't meet her immediately since I'm alone in Kyushu, while she went to university in Tokyo, my parents also live there.

So in short, I am an independent student studying abroad, since Kyushu has one of the best universities regarding the major I'm interested in.

But it's also sad that I have to leave Shikimori-san and my parents in order to fulfill my dreams, even though they accepted, I could still feel the pain of not being with your lover for years.

'I seriously wonder what Shikimori-san has been up to these days...'

I decided to stop strolling around my neighborhood and sat on a bench near the park.

I made the decision to call Shikimori-san after several months.

"Hello, Izumi-san? It has been a while." She picked up the phone call quite quickly.

"Hello, Shikimori-san. It definitely has been a while, how are you?"

"Well... to be honest, I'm getting quite burnt out with these assignments." I could tell that she's feeling very weary.

"Ahahaha..."

"W-Why are you laughing, Izumi-san?"

"It's just that you seem to be very determined to finish those assignments, and you also sound tired. Anything happened?"

"Well... a lot of stuff happened, it's just that I feel quite bored."

"I see... Did you make any new friends?"