Only a Moment

There wasn't anything really unnerving about walking home from school. Unless you were a paranoid being, then it'd be on your list of the worst things to do. Especially if you had to walk alone. That would scare the life out of you. 

But Sunghoon didn't particularly feel this way at all. He liked being alone. Not that he was alone, he was being accompanied by his three friends who were seamlessly wandering around the dirt path.

Well, that was where he saw Sunoo and Jake. Jay was probably trailing behind the group. Probably half-asleep from his top half and his bottom half on the move. Stubbornly trying to get back to the dorms as soon as possible.

Sunghoon chuckled at the idea, turning his head to check the older boy behind him. He was a bit surprised to find Jay wide awake, a stoic expression on his face.

Sunghoon knew that face. Jay usually made the same exact face when he was focused. And right now he could tell the older was deep in thought. He wondered what exactly was preoccupying his heavy mind.

He let his feet slow down to match Jay's slow pace. Curiosity had simply gotten the best of him, and once something irked at his brain he had to satisfy it with an answer.

Jake's hand up in the sky as he waved at the two from afar, he shouted. "Can we go on ahead without you guys?!"

Sunghoon was tempted to throw something at Jake. He didn't know what it'd be, but maybe he'd find something useful in his own bag. Jake was really deciding to abandon them. Jay had awoken from his deep thoughts, answering before Sunghoon could dignify a response.

"Sunghoon, can I talk to you?" What sounded like a shaky tone to Sunghoon, came out of Jay's mouth.

He hadn't looked shaken at all, maybe it was something he should worry about.

"Y-yeah. Of course." Sunghoon said, hoping Jake and Sunoo would get his tiny message, he waved them off behind his back.

Luckily they did, as they left silently.

"Alright, you'll probably need to sit down for this one."

Jay hadn't made proper eye contact anymore. He seemed to be very interested in the dirt and pebbles under him.

"Is... is everything ok?" Sunghoon questioned.

"Yeah, no. Everything's fine, mostly." Jay's nervous response threw him off.

Scratching the back of his head, Jay redirected his eyes from the bench they were sitting on down to the floor again. Sunghoon bit his lip, he began to feel nervous. Jay wasn't usually the type of person to get nervous, as far as Sunghoon knew Jay didn't possess such a feeling. So saying Sunghoon was freaked out was an understatement.

Gripping the bench underneath him, Jay opened his mouth. "I-I don't really know how exactly to put it." Jay tried to gather his thoughts.

"Jay-ah, it's just me. Sunghoon. There's nothing to get all worked up over, just tell me. I promise I won't freak out." Sunghoon wanted to calm the older down.

'Oh, if only that was reassuring' Jay thought, in exasperation.

Jay sighed, as he lifted his gaze to meet Sunghoon's. "I..." Losing his nerve his eyes fall to the ground, a fearfully heavy heart bringing him down.

Though he gulped the prideful feeling down. And with a dry tightening throat he confessed, "Sunghoon, I like you."

His eyes darted back up to see Sunghoon's reaction. The younger then seemed to be in thoughts of his own.

His only thoughts now were, was that what Jay was going to tell him? He likes him? Who doesn't? Everyone likes him. That part was obvious, he had visuals for days, a great personality and sure he was no genius, but he sure was clever. He was perfect, that was why everyone liked him.