Kit

I was super tired out after the past few weeks of mugging intensely for our exams. I swear to god, sometimes I feel like killing Pha for even encouraging us to take Medical with him. My poor brain just cannot stand this torture!

Talking about Pha, where was he? I knew Beam was off to meet Forth and to the beach for the weekend. But where exactly was Pha?

Just then I saw Wayo. I ran up to him excitedly, thinking he may know where Pha was. I knew Wayo had a soft spot for Pha. So he had to know!

"P' Kit! Do you know where P'Pha is? I have been looking for him since the exams ended. He did say he wanted to bring me out but I can't find him anywhere! He always does this, promise me one thing and then busy with something else. He really needs to put more effort....."

I tuned Wayo's words out. Sometimes I really wonder what does Pha see in him. He is a sweet boy but he's so full of himself at times. Can't he realize and understand that Pha doesn't have it easy either, with all of these back to back exams, assessments, conducting Medic camps for Engineering and having to pamper him despite the fact that they aren't dating?

Just then I zoned back in only to hear Wayo on the phone. I waited for him to hang up and I found out that Pha was back in his dorm, not feeling too good post exams. I queried if Wayo was going to see him.

"Na, I told P'Pha to rest. Some medicine will do the trick. I am off to see Posh and Wai. Bye P'Kit."

I just stared speechless at Wayo. Granted he didn't have to look after Pha but he could at least check in on the guy! I face palmed myself and decided to go check on Pha myself quickly. I went over to Pha's dorm and knocked on the door. Pha opened it, looking all ashy faced.

"PHA! Are you OK? Why do you look so pale???!" I was quite shocked seeing Pha like this. Just as I said it, Pha stepped back to let me in and turned only to almost fall in faint! Luckily I grabbed him! He was definitely taller than me but this dude must not have been eating. He weighed so light! I held him tightly around his waist and half dragged him to the bed. I laid him gingerly on it, and pushed back his bangs lightly to feel his forehead. He was scorching hot.

I sighed deeply at this man who must have been studying so hard, doing everything else in the world but looking after himself. Heck, he even tutored me and Beam in stuff we didn't know.

I scurried off to get a bowl of lukewarm water, a towel and a fresh pair of clothes. I stripped Pha down slowly, sponged him all over and then dressed him slowly. It wasn't easy and a little awkward but I did it as well as I could. I wasn't a very good cook but figured porridge was easy. I cooked a small pot and let it cool. Whilst it cooled down, I just cleaned up his books and then dished out a bowl. I placed it on a tray with some medicine and also a glass of warm water.

I placed it by the bedside and woke Pha up. He woke up, completely disoriented. I got him to eat his lunch slowly, more like feeding him and then fed him the medicine. I got him to sleep thereafter whilst I sat and watched some television.  We were done with exams which also meant I could catch up on my shows. I did it softly so it didn't bother Pha.

Around 5pm, I started to warm up the porridge. I found some watermelon slices in his mini fridge so I sliced it up too and arranged a dinner tray. I realized I hadn't eaten anything and was starving so ate some watermelon as I prepped dinner for Pha. I woke him up, fed him dinner and then his medicine again. This time, he was more oriented and decided to sit up in bed whilst I cleaned the kitchen. He came over to stand behind me and just leaned his head on my shoulder.

I stiffened abit at the sudden touch but I suddenly felt my shirt getting wet. I turned him around only to realise he was sobbing.

"Pha! What happened? Why are you crying? "

"I just feel so tired and was so helpless when I fell sick. To be honest, I didn't expect you here. And seeing you look after me really just made me so emotional. Am I silly?" Pha sobbed softly whilst saying all this.

I just chuckled at this silly boy. I stroked his hair softly whilst holding him gently.
"Don't be silly Pha. You are always there for us. The least I can do is look after you. I am sure if Beam is here, he do the exact same thing. Silly boy."

I brought him back to the couch and got him to sit for a bit. I cleaned up the last bit of cutlery and went over.
"How are you feeling? Do you want anything else?"

Pha shook his head no and just motioned me to sit next to him. We sat and watched TV for a bit till I felt Pha doze off on my shoulders. I chuckled softly and decided to bring him to bed before he slept fast.

I got him into bed and was about to stand up when he held my wrist. I looked at him.

"Will you stay the night with me please?"

I couldn't say no to that face that hardly ever pouts or look so pitiful. I nodded in agreement. I took a quick shower and borrowed some of his clothes. I crept into bed all exhausted. We both knocked out around 10pm. Around midnight, I woke up for a drink and saw Pha just lying down, but not sleeping. I checked in on him and realised he had trouble sleeping. I pulled him towards me gently and just snaked my arm around him. He burrowed abit lower and snuggled into my chest. I felt my heart beat accelerate abit but decided to ignore it. I am sure if Beam is here, he do the exact same thing.

I soon fell asleep, holding Pha tight in my arms.