CHAPTER 31

Jeno immediately drove home after receiving the female alpha's text.

It sounded too worrying and serious by the way her words were laced with obvious demand.

His eyes immediately roamed around his unit, then he directly walked to his room where he knew she will be.

Now there she is, sitting on the bed while hugging his pillow, as she finds comfort in the scent of his surroundings.

"Baby,", Jeno rapidly went to her, pulling her in a hug.

Harin's shaky breaths slowly toned down. Jeno released a comforting pheromone, letting her take it all.

She curled up in his tight embrace for a long time. The pureblood not minding the uncomfortable position he's in—kneeling while cradling the girl on him.

"Tell me if you're ready", he softly mumbled.

"I had a blind date with Jaemin."

"Damn, maybe I would've readied myself instead", his brows furrowed, "and blind date?"

"I have been on tons of blind dates for years now, courtesy of my dad", she said, rolling her eyes at the mention of the man. "Recently, I had one with Zhong Chenle, but it ended friendly. He's under Park Jisung."

"Park Jisung? The Jisung I know?"

She nodded. "Then, after you came home in the morning, dad sent me on another date again. I knew it was Jaemin by the picture. I swear I just showed up for respect, Jen, but..."

"But?"

Harin pressed her face on his neck.

"Jaemin wants me to settle in with him."

"What?"

"He said he's fine with me. That he likes me.. for a long time now."

"That's bullshit, Harin."

Harin tightened her hold around him. Jeno just scoffed.

"You're mine"

"I didn't have the heart to reject him awhile ago. I don't know; I don't want to see him sad."

"Do you like him?"

"Jen, I–"

"Don't answer with an I don't know again, Kwon Harin."

"I don't!", she answered. "I like him, but it's only platonically. I don't want to hurt a friend."

"He should know."

"I know.. I know.. just.. I'm not going to give him false hopes."

"Tell him directly."