chapter 53

F I S H B A I T

!!TW!!panic attacks, blood, raw flesh, galeophobia

!!TW!!
panic attacks, blood, raw flesh, galeophobia

With a shaky hand I stood in front of his office, trying to build up the courage to walk inside. The house seemed a little quiet today.

Just go inside!

After last night I couldn't sleep. Just the mere thought of Logan going through my things made me feel uneasy.

But I trusted Antonio.

And Kingsley made me feel at ease.

Antonio had assured me that he took care of Logan - he didn't specify, because I told him not to - and he had to leave right after. I haven't seen him the rest of the night or today.

To be fair it's only past eleven in the morning right now.

Taking a deep breath in I open the door and see him sitting behind his desk with his tie loosened and the first two buttons of his shirt undone.

He looked so calm. So relaxed.

So handsome.

"Is Sylvester still down there?" I ask and he looks up at me.

He didn't expect me to be here right now.

He nods.

"Can I see him?" I ask, swallowing a lump in my throat.

"I'm sure Cesar could take you down," he says and takes out his phone.

I couldn't read his facial expression or decipher his tone.

Okay.

You can do this.

With the way things are looking now, Sylvester can barely eat. He can't touch you.

But he's still in contact with Alexander... he has to be. He can't die before I've gotten my answers.

"You have something on your mind," his voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Come here."

I walk inside, stopping in front of his desk.

"Here, Nirah," he demands pushing his chair back.

I let out a heavy sigh, but end up giving in. I walk around, sitting down on his lap and he holds onto my waist.

"So... can I ask you a question?" I finally speak up.

"Anything tesoro," he nods and I press my lips into a thin line.

"If I needed to see someone, would you be able to find them?" I ask and he looks at me suspiciously.

"You need me to find someone for you?" he asks and I shake my head.