𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 - 𝗍𝗐𝗈

"love me tender, love me sweet

"love me tender, love me sweet."

SUNDAY

You searched through the extra bag of clothes you always pack when going to Overlook. It's became a habit after Dick spilled foods and drinks he has you taste test every time you go to try it, which is annoying, but you've grown to pack extra clothes. What's annoying is that these clothes will only last a couple of days. Unless, you do a bunch of laundry and wear the same thing every day for five months, but is that fun? No.

A small knock on your door took you out of your thoughts. You have taken one of the extra room keys Stuart left and you were now using room 237, which Danny seemed to be pleased about.

"It's unlocked!" you called out, as you kept rummaging through the bag.

The door clicked open and sam shuffling was heard. "Hey, Y/N," a small voice said.

Looking over your shoulder, Danny stood in the doorway, staring at his feet. "Oh, Danny! Can I help you with anything?" you questioned, turning away from your bag and making your way towards him, squatting down to his height.

"No...well, yes, I was just wondering if you can help me with something," he mumbled, not looking into your eyes.

You smiled and stood up, "Sure! What is it?". Danny shuffled from one foot to the other, "One of my toys rolled into Dad's workspace and I can't go in there, Mom said I couldn't."

You frowned, "Danny, I can't go in there, either."

Danny looked up at you quickly, "But you went in there to get him for dinner and he didn't get mad!"

You sighed and ran a hand through your hair, "Fine, alright. I'll go get your toy."

Danny smiled, "Thank you!"

-

Slowly turning the corner, you peered into the main room. The loud clicking of the typewriter and the cracking of the fireplace made your stomach churn, slightly.
You didn't want to face Jack, but Danny wanted his toy. You couldn't say no to that adorable face, now could you?

You stepped into the room and spotted the toy and you felt your guts squeeze in nervousness, but also in annoyance. Halfway, from you and Jack, sat a little toy truck.

'How the hell did he get that truck across the room?' you thought, before slowly moving forward. The floorboard under you loudly creaked and popped, just your luck.
The typing stopped. Everything seemed to stop.

Jack groaned, breaking the silence, "Wendy, what have I told you?" he rubbed his eyes and then dragged his hands down his face, "I said, 'Don't bug me while working because I'll lose focus.' How do you not get that—," Jack looked up and stopped talking, quickly sitting up straight and adjusting his shirt. "Y/N! How, uhm, how can I help you?".

You shyly moved forward, "Hey, Jack. I, uh, just need to grab Danny's toy!" you pointed to the truck, your fingers fidgety picked at each other as you neared the toy.

Jack raised his brows and slightly leaned forward, squinting his eyes at the toy. "Oh, I didn't notice," he stated, flopping back down into his chair.

You awkwardly chuckled and picked to toy up, your fingers fidgeting with the wheels as you took steps back, "Yeah, so anyway, sorry for disturbing you! I didn't mean to, honestly! I was trying to be as quiet as possible, but ya know, this place is old," you lightly laughed at your own awkwardness.

Jack huffed a laugh and smiled, "It's fine."

You nodded your head and turned around, only to be met by a quiet Danny. His throat was bruised and his sweater torn. You gasped and dropped the toy, "Danny, oh my god, what happened?!" you panicky spoke.

Rushing up to the emotionless boy, you placed your hands on his face, "Danny, what happened?!"

He stared over at Jack before meeting your eyes, his silence scaring you even more. "Jack? He couldn't have done this, we've been talking this whole time! Oh my, come on, there are ice packs in the kitchen," you said, picking him up.

-
[ Jack's POV ]

That damn boy. Really trying to blame me for his stupid actions? I swear, he's going to make me go mad. At least, Y/N was able to see through his trick. Damn boy.

I lazily stood up and walked out of the main room, heading towards The Gold Room. There has to be some sort of alcohol. These past months have been hell and I could kill for a drink.
I bet Y/N would let me drink freely. Not holding me back like Wendy. That fucking bitch.

I entered The Gold Room and groaned. The shelves behind the bar were bare, but maybe there's something hidden?
I looked over the bar, just to find nothing. For fucks-sake.

"Anything I can get you, sir?" someone asked.

I whipped my head up and met the face of my favorite bartender, Lloyd.

"Some whiskey would be nice," I huffed, sitting on a stool.

I looked behind Lloyd at the, now, stocked up shelves of booze. I smiled and sighed, "Lloyd, what would you do if you're married with a wife and have son, but you found someone better?" I asked, watching as Lloyd filled up a glass of whiskey, sliding it towards me before he answered.

"That's a question for Delbert, don't you think?" he suggested.

I picked up my glass and mixed it around a before downing half of it, setting it down with a loud CLICK and sigh.

"I guess, but—," I looked around, "Where would I find that man?"

Lloyd snorted, "Tomorrow night. When all the guests come, he should be working around here. He can answer that question for you."

I finished my glass, "Thanks, Lloyd."

"Jack? Jack!" someone yelled.

I set my, now, empty glass down and turned around. I was waiting for Y/N to turn the corner, but instead it was...Wendy. Running towards me with a baseball bat.

"Jack! Please, Danny says there's a crazy woman here with us!" my horrid wife spoke, grabbing onto me.

I shook her hands off my shoulder; was she really calling Y/N crazy? "Y/N? She isn't crazy, you woman!" I barked.

Wendy gasped, "No, not Y/N, there's a woman in her room, though. She attacked Danny!"

I groaned and stood up, "I'll check it out."

-

I stepped into Y/N's room, looking around. No sign of a crazy lady in here. Maybe Wendy is the one going crazy. I walked around and stared at the clothes on Y/N's bed, all laid out, basically begging for me to rummage through them.

Smiling, I strutted towards the bed and moved the clothes around. Underneath a pile of shirts was a pair of undergarments. Jackpot.

I grabbed a pair of lacy panties, finding the matching bra and held them up. "What a little slut. Packing a matching set for me," he smirked, placing the bra back down and then shoving the panties into my pocket, just for later—wink, wink.

Finally turning away from the clothes, I faced the bathroom. Maybe I'll find more goodies in there!

Walking into the emerald green bathroom, I glanced around, my eyes easily falling onto the figure in the bath. The curtain was slightly pulled, hiding who they were, but I could easily guess who it is.

I leaned against the doorway, "I saw the little...matching set you have, you little slut."

A boney hand reached out and pulled the curtain back, revealing...not Y/N. I stammered back and rubbed my eyes before staring back at the tub, but no one was there.

What the fuck was that.