A Little Longer

"what are you doing, shizun?"

A crisp voice sounded close to Shen Qingqiu's ears. The tone was dark and cold, causing his heart to jump out at the sound.

Shen Qingqiu flinched, but he remained where he was, not moving an inch, not turning his face. He was so lost in thought that he didn't realize someone had entered the room.

He built up some courage and tried to speak, opening his mouth to form words, to force out his voice, but he couldn't. Shen Qingqiu had faced the worst of the situations and uncountable dangers in his life! Only he and the system knew it...

But no matter how much he tried to suppress the anxiety and fear in his heart, he couldn't. The original protagonist, Luo Binghe, had a bone-chilling air around him.

Suddenly, a hand reached out from behind, gripping Shen Qingqiu's face and making him turn. The grasp was firm and cruel, almost crushing Shen Qingqiu's jaw into dust.

Luo Binghe stood behind him, his eyes cold and dark. He gripped Shen Qingqiu's face harder, making it hurt worse than before.

"what were you doing?"

"..."

Shen Qingqiu knew better than to make excuses. After all, Luo Binghe wasn't a fool.

He tried to free himself from the powerful grasp, but he couldn't. Luo Binghe watched him struggle like a mouse beneath his claws... He moved his hand down Shen Qingqiu's neck, pressing on his throat next.

"SPEAK!"

Luo Binghe's grip got stronger and stronger with each second as if he wanted to choke him to death. Shen Qingqiu felt his throat getting crushed. He felt pain; he felt a lot of pain!

Shen Qingqiu didn't want to die here; he needed to save his husband. If he died here then...

After struggling for a brief time but not being able to escape, Shen Qingqiu spat out two words:

"you beast!"

!!!

Luo Binghe's eyes widened, his hold on Shen Qingqiu's neck getting weaker. Those words...that cruel person...

His head felt heavier with each second, the voice of that person ringing in his ears. He shut his eyes tightly, retreating his hand which was holding Shen Qingqiu in a firm grip before.

"you beast"

"you're the child of a demon,"

Memories from the past came surging into his mind like a wave. Luo Binghe gripped his head tightly while frowning with pain. Why would he say that...WHY DID HE..

"HOW DARE YOU?!!" Luo Binghe roared while still gripping his head tightly.

No matter how much he tried to forget that person, he couldn't, he couldn't escape the memories of his shizun.

He hated him to the bones! He knew it very clearly but then why did he still think about him, even after killing him, WHY CAN'T HE FORGET HIM???

In the meantime, Shen Qingqiu saw this as an opportunity to get away from him, trying to make a run for his life but the heavens, as he said, were really against him.

Luo Binghe's eyes snapped open at the right time, and he spared no time in capturing the little mouse beneath his claws again.

In the blink of an eye, he grabbed Shen Qingqiu from the back. However, he didn't make him speak this time, nor did he make him turn to look behind.