The Explosion

The small explosion had rocked the entire TAPOPs headquarters.

Cahaya, who had been coming back from the cafeteria, almost spat the coffee he was drinking when Daun suddenly appeared out of nowhere with a panicked Gopal.

"Something happened at the labs!"

"WHAT?!"

He didn't wait for an explanation as he set the mug aside and quickly made his way to the laboratories. His mind was already going to every worst-case scenario, remembering he had just left that one single experiment he had been working on for the past few days, completely unattended.

He wasn't usually so careless but Tanah had assured him he would keep an eye on it and had practically shoved him out of the room to go freshen up and get some breakfast.

Last night had been unkind to him, due to his nightmares, so he had yet again, pulled an all-nighter and must've looked like a zombie. This then led to their leader acting like the mother hen no one had asked him to be and nagged and berated Cahaya until he finally gave in.

Of course, no one can go against Tanah.

But Cahaya should've known better.

Even with a responsible elemental like Tanah, there would always be a greater chaos ready to wreck havoc.

Aka...

"API!" Cahaya had grabbed the teen clad in red who looked like he was trying to sneak away from the crowd of mop aliens that had gathered by the entrance of the laboratory.

All eyes turned to them, but Cahaya ignored it as he scowled at his counterpart, "What. Did. You. Do?!"

"It was just supposed to be a small, harmless, explosion!" He quickly defended himself and Cahaya couldn't help but wonder what did he do to deserve this. Of all the things

The sounds of crying stopped him from giving Api a karate chop to the head, and dread washed over him when he realized they sounded like... babies.

"It can't be..." Cahaya turned to the entrance in slight horror, just as Yaya squeezed through the crowd looking amused and worried at the same time.

"Uhm... Cahaya. I think you need to see this."

He let go of Api and followed the gravity manipulator in to the laboratory. The mop aliens stepped aside so he can go through and just as he feared... he came face-to-face with three familiar babies, all draped in oversized shirts of yellow, brown & blue, and were currently being calmed by Air, Ying and Fang.

They were probably no more than a year old and most possibly younger than that.

Cahaya watched as Angin gurgled cheerfully once Air got the hang of picking him up while Tanah obediently let Ying place him on her lap, eyes wide and curious as he looked at each of them. Fang, however, was having a hard time with Petir who was being fussy and looked like he was seconds from crying as he continuously whined and kicked at his friend, resulting him in getting more tangled with his oversized shirt.

"W-what were Angin and Petir doing here?! I thought it was just Tanah!" Cahaya eventually found his voice.

"He called them because he thought it would be a good time to fuse back." Daun suddenly appeared behind him, "Api got here ahead of Air and I was told to go tell you after you had breakfast."

"Api thought it was funny if they could scare them with a mini explosion since—according to him— they looked so serious he wanted to prank them." Air said with a roll of his eyes, before looking at Angin curiously who had pat him softly on the cheek. The baby gave him an adorable toothless smile it made Yaya squeal as soon as she got to rejoin them.