The Best Babysitter

Api still couldn't figure out why baby Petir was so attached to Cahaya. He wanted to be friends with the baby too! But it's hard if he kept trying to electrocute him every time he tried taking the baby away from the light manipulator's hold.

"Glaring at the babies like that won't earn you any friendship points." Daun cheerfully told him from his side.

The two were currently keeping an eye on Tanah and Petir, while Air had left to give Angin a bath. It had been two days since the incident and Cahaya was no where near in making an antidote. He basically had to finish remaking the shrink serum for him to figure out where he had gone wrong.

Because, obviously, the de-aging part wasn't part of his formula.

"Ugh! I just don't get why Petir likes that light bulb more than me!" Api crossed his arms with exasperation, "I'm way more fun!"

"Maybe..." Daun hummed as he watched Tanah yawned and scratched his eyes. The baby then turned to Petir and pat him clumsily on the head to get his attention, said baby turned with his usual grumpy face before looking away with a small huff, "Maybe Petir imprinted on Cahaya like when a baby chick does with a momma chicken!"

"What?! That's stupid! That only works if he was the first living thing he saw after turning into a baby!" Api said with a roll of his eyes, "And I'm pretty sure the mop aliens got there first before any of us did."

"Oh yeah! I forgot." Daun scratched his head sheepishly, "Wait, weren't you suppose to be the first one there since you pulled the prank?"

"I ran after I made the prank. Duh. I don't have a death wish!"

Daun pouted at his tone when he noticed Tanah crawling towards him, "Da~"

"Oh- I think it's nap time for Tanah." Api watched as his counterpart cheerfully picked up the baby who was blinking sleepily, "I should put him to bed. You think you can handle Petir? Air will probably be back soon."

"Wa-WAIT! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME WITH A BABY WHO CAN ELECTROCUTE ME!" Api turned to look at Petir who was continuously smacking a pillow next to him.

"You survived, didn't you?" Daun looked sincerely confused as if staying alive was the only important goal.

"BUT IT STILL HURT!"

"You'll be fine!"Daun practically skipped towards the door with a sleepy Tanah waving at them over his shoulder, "This is your chance to get on Petir's good side!"

Api could only stare as Daun left as the door closed behind him.

'D...Daun's right. I can do this-'

The door suddenly opened again and Daun poked his head in, "By the way, Air left some rubber gloves inside the closet. Just in case."

And Daun was gone once more.

Api grabbed his hair and screamed in his mind, 'I'M DOOMED!'

And just as he thought this, he heard a soft whine from Petir and looked to see that the baby was now pulling at the pillow hard by the edge of the makeshift crib.

"Hey! Stop that!" Api scolded which only got him a glare from the baby.

The teen clad in red could only wince at the familiar glare and muttered, "Even as a kid you're still your grumpy old self."

Petir took this as his cue to resume pulling at the heavy pillow and Api was about to scold him again when the baby accidentally let go and was barreling backwards into the hard floor.