The Written Exam

No One POV:

"It's time to begin. I am Ibiki Morino, your proctor. And from this moment your worst enemy."

Everyone got silent as some gasps were coming from some candidates as they were nervous. The only sound hearable was the sound chairs from the people sitting on them.

The instructor pointed at the three sound ninjas, causing them to jump. "First, you candidates from the Village Hidden in the Sound, knock it off. Who told you, you could fight? You wanted to be failed before we've even begun?" He demanded.

The one wrapped around his face began to turn. "Sorry, it's our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy...Sir."

Y/n and Haku look at each other as they share the same glance, silently agreeing that they can be trouble.

Ibiki took a look around the room at the other Genin before speaking once. "I'll say this once, so listen up. There will be no fighting between candidates. No attacking each other without the permission of a proctor. And even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately. Got it?"

Everyone was silent once again, so he takes as they understood. "Now if we're ready, we'll proceed to the first stage of the Chunin exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number. These will determine where you sit, once seated we'll begin the written test."

'The written test?'

"Guess that explains why violence for physical force is not allowed."

After handing in their paperwork, Team 7, and no one else's team, ended up sitting anywhere near each other. Y/n was sitting with the bun girl Tenten and next to him was someone else.

Sakura was in front of him, and Naruto was one row ahead of her. Y/n couldn't see Haku or Sasuke from his eyes view.

"Everyone, eyes front." Ibiki ordered, "There are a few rules you need to be aware of. And I won't answer any questions. So, you'd better pay attention the first time! Alright, rule one the written exam, is conducted on a point deduction system. Contrary to what some of you are used to, you all begin the test with a perfect test score of ten points. One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong. So, if you miss three, your final score will be seven."

'Eh?! Why is saying all this stuff? It's like he wants to put more pressure!' Y/n thought as he thought Ibiki would be a cool guy because of his scars.

"Rule number two, teams will pass or fail based on the total scores of all the members."

"What?! Wait for a second!" Sakura shouted in surprise and anger. "You're saying we get scored as a team?!"

"Silence! I have reasons, so shut up and listen."

'It's based on the score together! So, what about me and Haku? We're a squad but we're known as 7B. Would Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto scores affect us?' Y/n thought in worry.

He knows that with Sakura having no skill in combat she does tend to think more on terms. Same with Sasuke as he had the top score. 

Naruto, on the other hand, had the lowest, Haku is also unknown but he seems with his tactics Haku should be good. So maybe if one of them had a rough score they might still pass!

"Rule three, the spectators that you see around the room are here to watch you carefully for any signs of cheating. And any incidents they spot, they will subtract two points from the person's score. Be warned, their eyes are extremely sharp. If they catch you five times, you'll be dismissed before the tests are even scored."