Mental Health Awareness Month Writeathon: Week 1

At Maybelline, we are thrilled to be partnering with Wattpad again this year for Mental Health Awareness Month. Wattpad is a safe space for youth to truly be themselves and to support each other in good times and bad. Each Monday for the whole month of May, we'll be posting a new writing challenge, and every time YOU participate, WE donate much needed money to organizations helping smash the stigma of mental illness and support youth in our communities. For every comment, we'll donate $1 up to $10,000 every week in May, to different mental health organizations. You are not alone, and when we work together, help each other, and share our stories, we can truly be #BraveTogether.

Mental health and well-being looks different for everyone. How do you promote mental health and well-being for your family, friends or community? What words of kindness do you have to share for someone struggling right now? 

Tag your story #BraveTogether, and for every submission posted in the comments below, Wattpad and Maybelline will donate $1 up to $10,000 to the Sad Girls Club. Come back next Monday for another writing prompt benefiting another amazing organization!