Tum Zidd Karke Toh Dekho

The post kidnapping BTS shows that Priya will share with Krish, but hide from Ram, the fact that she was kidnapped so that he doesn't give up reinvestigating his father's case. I didn't like the idea that this could (potentially) lead to another misunderstanding, so decided to write this piece where Priya tells Ram everything and how they go forward from there. 

Read on for my take on the conversation between Ram and Priya after the kidnapping incident.

*****************************************************************

Priya reached the bakery, exhausted and bruised. Every inch of her mind and body screaming with the pain and trauma she had been through in the last few hours. She was in a daze, not knowing how she managed to free herself from the clutches of the thugs or how she managed to find her way to the bakery. The bakery was closed today, but there was a spare key tucked away behind one of the decorations on the back door that only she and Sara knew about. She let herself in using that key, glad to have a place to go to and gather herself before calling her husband. Even in this state, all she cared about was seeing him and knowing if he was okay. But before she called him, she needed to compose herself. She didn't have her bag or her phone, her heart ached thinking of the distress Ram would be in, not having been able to contact her or speak to her since she got off the car. He must be worried sick! What if he had already started taking his BP and anxiety medications! She was hoping against hope that Adi, Kunal and Vikrant would have managed to calm him down. She knew she was going to have to face a tornado of emotions when she saw him, she had to prepare herself. In the bakery, the sisters always kept a few sets of change of clothes in anticipation of any kitchen disasters that could occur. She thanked her stars and went to straighten herself and change into a fresh set of clothes. Once settled, she made herself a strong cup of coffee and finally called Ram from the bakery's landline.

The moment Ram saw the bakery's number flash on his phone, he was a bundle of nerves. He had been unsuccessfully trying to get in touch with Priya for the last few hours. No one had any idea about her whereabouts and her phone had also been unreachable. It was very uncharacteristic of her. He steeled himself and answered the call. Mr.Kapoor, aap theek hain? the voice asked. It was HER! Finally, her heard her voice after what seemed like an eternity! Priya! Kahan thi? Tumne mujhe kuch bataya kyun nahin? Tum theek toh ho naa? Tumhe pata bhi hai yahan mera kya haal ho raha hai? Kuch bol kyun nahin rahi ho?

Mr.Kapoor, main theek hun. Main bakery mein hun, aap yahan aa sakte hain kya please. I'm really sorry ki main aise chali gayi, par main aapko sab kuch bataoongi, aap please shaant ho jaaiye. Please? Okay, main aa raha hoon, he replied curtly, but fell back on his chair heaving a huge sigh of relief as tears of joy rolled down his eyes. She is okay! My Priya is okay!

He rushed to his car and drove as fast as he could to the bakery. He finally reached the bakery after what felt like ages. He let himself in slowly through the door and saw Priya sitting, eyes closed, with her head resting on the table. For a moment, he forgot everything just looking at her, allowing the relief to wash over him as he let it sink in that she was finally in front of him. He walked to her and gently moved her tresses away from her face, torn between wanting to let her rest and waking her up to get answers to the gazillion questions running through his mind since the time she had gone missing. Before he could decide, Priya stirred feeling his touch. She stood up and they were face to face with each other. Neither said a word, but countless emotions were overtaking them. Almost simultaneously, they moved forward and were in each others arms. Neither knew how long they stayed like that, but in that moment, they just let their emotions carry them away. They finally broke from their hug, but Ram was still holding on to her hands like he was holing on to life. He finally broke the silence and asked softly, Priya mujhe batao, kya tum theek ho? Tum kahan chali gayi bina kisiko kuch bataye? he continued, his voice starting to rise. Tum jaanti bhi ho yahan mera kya haal ho raha tha? Kya tumhe thodi si bhi parwah hai meri? and saying so, his voice cracked under the weight of his emotions.

She was scared looking at him like this..he had never looked so upset, so broken. She took his hands in hers and gently said Mr.Kapoor main theek hun. Main aapko sab kuch bataoongi, aapse kuch nahin chupaoongi. Still holding his hands in hers, she narrated all that happened from the moment she got kidnapped to when she managed to escape from there and finally make it to the bakery. She told him how they threatened to harm her if he didn't back off from reopening his father's case. By the time she finished, Ram was weeping with his face buried in her hands. He could not imagine the pain she had endured..all because of him. He saw the bruises on her wrists, and imagined the pain she would have felt when they cut through her skin. Mujhe maaf kardo Priya, he cried. Yeh sab meri galti hai. Agar maine Krish ke kehne pe dad ka case dobara khulvaneka faisla nahinn liya hota, toh aaj tumhare saath yeh sab nahin hota. Mujhe maaf kardo Priya, he continued, sobbing, sab meri galti hai. Mr. Kapoor, she said gently said lifting his chin, please meri taraf dekhiye. She wiped away his tears with the corner of her dupatta. Aap apne aap ko dosh kyun de rahe hai, yeh aapki galti nahin hai. Priya, tum ghabrao mat, main tumhe kuch nahin hone doonga, he said taking her face in his hands. Main is case ka reinvestigation rok doonga. Main tumhari zindagi khatre mein nahin daal sakta hun. Aaj agar tumhe kuch ho jaata, toh mein apne aap ko kabhi maaf nahin kar paata.

She looked at him, at a loss for words. This was exactly what she had feared when she decided to tell him the truth. She had contemplated hiding what had happened from him for a brief moment, but recollected how he stood with her in support, against his own family, even though she was at fault when her father's truth was revealed. She couldn't put him and their relationship through that again, it would break him and them too. It was her turn now to trust him and to stand with him. She had to make sure he wouldn't back out from the case. She got up to get a glass of water. She handed him the glass and made him drink it. When he had calmed now, she said softly..Mr.Kapoor, aapko yaad hai aapne mujhse ek din kaha that, ki main aapse zidd karke dekhun. Kya aaj, aap meri ek zidd poori karenge? Kya aap apna kiya hua vaada nibhaayenge? He looked at her, his heart knowing what she was going to ask for, but his mind already warning him to not give in. He nodded, waiting for her to continue, unable to muster the courage to say anything. Main chahti hun ke aap yeh case lade, main chahti hun ki aap jaane ke aapke papa ke saath kya hua aur kyun hua. Yeh sach jaanne ka aapka haq hai Mr.Kapoor. Aur aapki patni hone ke naate, yeh mera haq hai ki main aapke saath appki har mushkil mein aapka saath doon. Humein kisi se darne ki zaroorat nahin, koi bhi mushquil ho, hum uska saath mein saamna karenge.

He nodded slowly, eyes overcome with love for her and enveloped her in an embrace. They were one, and together they would fight the world as one.