Sparks Fly 🔥

I am still working on Pri's confession (continuation from the last OS - No more secrets), and I should be wrapping it up soon.  

In the meanwhile, I wrote this short OS inspired by the Holi episode when Priya steps out in a bathrobe. The entire FD was feeling bad that Ram never got to see her in that avatar. I wanted to explore the tension and sparks that would fly between them in that scenario..so here goes!

***

Bavra mann dekhne chala ek sapna (My wandering mind is about to see a dream)

Bawrey se is jahan main bawra ek saath ho (I wish I had an insane partner to live with me in this crazy world) 

Is sayani bheed mein bas hathon mein tera haath ho (I want to hold your hand while walking through the crowd)

Bawri si dhun ho koi, bawra ek raag ho (I hope there was a wandering song for me to sing)

Bawrey se pair chahein (My wandering feet wish to dance) 

Baawre tarano ke, bawrey se bol pe thirakna (to the beats of that wandering song)

Bavra mann dekhne chala ek sapna (My wandering mind is about to see a dream)

Ram sat up, rubbing his eyes, jolted awake by the soothing humming sound. He looked around, trying to find its source, and noticed that Priya was not next to him. Curious, he followed the humming to the balcony. Priya was standing there, casually leaning on the railing, humming the song and gazing outside with a cup of coffee in her hand.  

"What a sight for sore eyes you are," Ram exclaimed, hand on his heart, gazing at her adoringly. "Mr. Kapoor, I'm sorry, maine shayad aapko utha diya. I woke up early, and it was just so nice here. I didn't realize when I started humming," she apologized. He just smiled, seeing her getting all hassled. He hugged her from behind, nuzzling her neck. "I'll forgive you on one condition: that you wake me up like this every single day. Mujhe toh pata hi nahin tha that you sing so well, nahin toh I would have started this practice much sooner."

"I'm no singer, she responded, "but yes, I used to love singing as a kid, although I never took singing lessons." "Phir?" he asked. "Phir kya?" she questioned him back. "I grew up and my priorities changed. And I never really had a lot of time for myself. Whatever little time I had, I used to read. I loved reading inspirational stories and they gave me the strength to move forward. Aaj pata nahin kaise, I just started humming this tune. The lyrics felt like they were written just for us," she said with a smile. "I have never felt so much at peace with myself and the world around me before this. And it's all because of you," she smiled. "As a gift," she said, swiftly turning and weaving her arms around his neck, "this is for you," and pecked his cheek. "Good morning, Mr. Kapoor! Ab jaaiye aur fresh ho jaaiye," she said, trying to push him towards the bathroom. "I'll ask Tarun to get your coffee." 

"Arre ruko, mere doosre gaal ko bura lag raha hai. Usse toh tumne wish hi nahin kiya!" he complained, and tried to pull her close. "Tarun!" she exclaimed, looking towards the door. Ram immediately let go of her, cursing Tarun under his breath, only to turn around and see her running out of the room giggling and no Tarun in sight. Bachke kahan jaaogi Mrs. Kapoor, lautke yahin toh aana hai, he thought smugly.

He was getting ready to head for a shower when his phone buzzed and Adi's name flashed on the screen. A 2-minute conversation with Adi was all it took for him to realize there was an emergency at work. He sighed. Going in to work early meant missing out on having breakfast with Priya and the drive to work with her, which had now become a routine for them since a couple of months. He relished those stolen moments in the car, usually spent in amusing banter and laughing at his lame jokes. It was a perfect start to the day, and he was quite annoyed at having to miss it over a work issue. Still, he knew that Adi would never bother him for something trivial, so he cast his disappointment aside and quickly showered, got ready, and headed out, asking Tarun to inform Priya. 

Just like Ram, Priya too was a tad upset at losing out on their together time, but nevertheless, she too proceeded to shower and get ready for work.

Ram was on his way to work when he realized that he had left behind the file he was working on at night back at Kapoor Mansion. He decided to head back home to collect the file, as it would take far longer to get Tarun to find it and bring it to him.

He entered the bedroom, looking down and rubbing his forehead, still chiding himself for forgetting the file. He suddenly froze in his tracks at the sight in front of him. He felt strangely light-headed, with no memory of the task he returned home for. He stood rooted to the spot and stared unabashedly at Priya. She looked absolutely divine! She had just stepped out of the shower in her bathrobe. Her wet hair glistened in the morning sun, and drops of water rested on her neck like dew droplets on a leaf at dawn. The bathrobe was clinging to her body, outlining each curve perfectly and showing off her perfectly smooth legs. He let out a small moan..damn it! This woman is going to be the death of me someday. Every atom in his body was now craving to be with her!

"Mr. Kapoor," she called out, starting to panic a little, looking at him standing rooted to the spot with glassy eyes. He recovered, and walked to the door—and bolted it shut. She was still looking at him with mild surprise, completely oblivious to the effect she was having on him. He walked to her, held her arms and walked her backwards until she had her back to the wall. Hands around her waist, he moved in closer until there was not even a sliver of space between them.

"Are you aware of the havoc you're wrecking within me right now?" he whispered lustfully in her ear. Her heart was racing and she was turning redder with every passing second. He proceeded to kiss her neck deeply and then sucked hard, leaving a bruise on her skin, and then took her lips in a soul-searing kiss. Still holding her waist with one hand, his other hand started tracing the hem of her bathrobe from her neck all the way to the knot of her robe. With one tug, he released the knot and slowly slid his hand under the robe, preparing to rid her of it completely.

Knock, knock. "Sir, Adi sir aapke liye neeche wait kar rahe hain," came Tarun's voice from behind the door.

Aaahhhh! Ram screamed mentally. "Aa raha hoon," he replied to Tarun gritting his teeth.

"Be ready, my lady," he said softly, as he returned his gaze to her. "Tonight, I'm going to finish what I just started. Get ready to rewrite the book of love with me!" He gave her one last lingering kiss, then straightened himself, grabbed his file, and bolted from the room, leaving Priya still reeling from the tornado of passion that just blew her away.

***

I did not intend to write a full blown make out session in this story, so intentionally invoked Tarun as an interruption :). I hope I managed to pull it back at the right moment...please let me know in your comments if you enjoyed reading it! 

I've included one of my favorite versions of the track Priya was humming at the beginning for anyone who wishes to listen to the full song. 

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!