chapter 54

G H O S T R I D E R

!!TW!!
Mentions of sexual assult. Blood. Whipping. Burning.

"You named your shark after me?" I softly ask and he looks over at Cesar - standing in the doorway - then back at me.

"So I tell you that I let four sharks tear a man to shreds and that's the first thing you say?" he asks - but it's more of an analysis statement. "And you called me sick," he humorously says.

I open my mouth to speak, shut it and open it again.

"Well maybe if he wasn't such a creep, he'd still be alive," I cross my arms over my chest. "Did he say why he took... it?" I hesitantly ask.

"Logan was, ill," he says and I shift on his lap, turning myself towards him in interest. "His real name is Luciano. Logan - is his twin brother who he had killed to pledge his loyalty to someone they call 'el demonio'."

"Well what does that have to do with me?" I ask with knitted brows.

"He works with Sylvester. After I locked Sylvester up, Logan had been sent to take his place. Being your bodyguard wasn't part of it. He just... liked you."

His jaw clenched and I could hear the bitterness in his tone.

"Well, he's gone now. Thank God," I say and Antonio rubs his tongue on the inside of his cheek - trying not to smile. "Ironic," I mumble and he smiles.

I got up and stared at Cesar. I whipped around, showing Antonio my biggest smile.

"Can I have Cesar back now?" I whisper to Antonio so that Cesar doesn't hear me.

"Have you learned your lesson?" he leans back in his chair and I feel my stomach twist and turn in all different directions.

"What exactly was the lesson?" I hesitantly ask - rubbing the back of my neck - and I hear Cesar snicker.

Antonio's eyes shoots to him and I hear him clear his throat. He sighs and nods.

"Thank you," I smile, leaning forward to kiss his cheek.

Before I can move away he grabs my face, crashing his lips onto mine. Resting my hand on his thigh, I lean into the kiss.

He takes my bottom lip between his teeth as I pull away.

"Friends don't kiss on the lips," I sternly - yet jokingly - say and he grins.

"Friends don't fuck like we do either," he says and my eyes drop to his lips.

I slightly part my lips, pulling back.

Cesar is still here!

Walking towards Cesar I clear my throat, looking everywhere but at him.