Chapter 2

She walked in with wonder in her eyes and curiosity in her heart. I could feel it. I only just realised that I had been staring at her in complete silence for about 2 and a half minutes and Tara must have thought I was sleeping with my eyes open.
"Sorry! I just zoned out!" I said whilst trying to think up a better excuse.
"Are you ok?" Tara asked. "Wait were you-"
'ACTU-ally no i'm not, I-I feel slightly off colour." I interrupted as the Curious Vai began to walk to the right wing of Gerudo Town. "I've changed my mind, let's go to the Noble Canteen for a drink instead."
"I knew you'd chicken out. Come on let's get that drink." Tara said. We slowly wandered towards the Noble Canteen in hope of ordering their most famous drink, a Noble Pursuit.
We walk a fair distance from the Curious Vai as to not look as if we were following her. Travelers were normal in Gerudo Town so why have I never felt this way before? We walk up the steps and into the shade stopping the scorching sun from frying our skin and begin to order.
"Two of your chilliest Noble Pursuits my good Furosa." Said Tara with utmost confidence.
"Ehuh" Furosa replied in a grouchy tone.
"Go sit down Malena I got the 'em." Said Tara.
I went and sat down opposite to where the group of gossiping Boko's were and tried to calm down. Trying to focus on something other than my thoughts, I could feel someone staring at me. My eyes flicked around the room, trying to make sure I wasn't being paranoid when eye contact was made. Not with Tara, not with the gossip clique... BUT WITH THE CURIOUS VAI!! My face rapidly started going a dark cherry red as I grab a pillow beside me and pretend to read it. I'm blushing faster than a lizafos scuttles and I bury my face in the pillow I'm reading as Tara walks up to me with our drinks.
"I got our drinks!" Tara announced, "Hey what's wrong?"
I dug my head deep out the soft, squishy pillow and looked at her with a droopy face.
"Oh you got a sunburn *tsk* poor thing." She said.
"Umm yeah, it's really bad!" I claimed.
'Few, I covered it up. Nice save.'
"Dont fret! Nothing a bit of volfruit extract can't fix. I'll go get some after but you stay out the sun." Said Tara.
I can't say that I'm blushing, it'll bring up too many questions, but I don't want volfruit extract on my face! It's so slimy and sticky. Tara dashed to the market to retrieve a volfruit, once she had left and gone down the stairs I attempted to casually look around for The Curious Vai but she disappeared. I looked around, less casually this time, and whipped my head around looking for her. I saw her outside going towards the market. Without thinking I dashed out of the Noble Canteen quicker than a sand seal swims through sand. I left our Noble Pursuits as well so I'll have to think of an excuse for leaving them because you never leave a Noble Pursuit. Unfortunately, what I didn't realise was that the Gossip Clique noticed that I left in a hurry, and they got very suspicious.