The New School

I'm Kristina Roberts, a 13-year-old girl who's transferring to Westside Highschool. I didn't think I would make it all the way up to 2006 but hey, a girl like me has got to keep cool. Lucky for me this school didn't have a dress code like my old school, so I finally was able to wear all my new summer clothes and my other clothes. My parents were making whole lotta changes this year, it wasn't just the school thing. My parents decided that we should move closer to the school since she would want me and my siblings to all walk together. I have 3 siblings, Martha (8), Max (9), and Timothy (4). Since Martha, Max, and Tim are on the little kid's side, it makes the school bigger. We went to the school for the presentation day (when all the students and families take a tour around the school). My duty when I get to the school is to walk them to their side of the school make sure they get there safely and give them goodbye hugs, then I go to the high school/ middle school side and go on with my life. School starts Wednesday and we move tomorrow, Saturday. I'm honestly kinda scared since it's gonna be a big change but, it's all for our sake. 

"Kristy! Dinners ready!" Mom called out my name as the savory smell of Fettucine Alfredo, the Roberts' family Friday dinner tradition, flew into my nose. 

"Coming mom!" I called back at her happily.

I went into Tim's room and went to go get him. I opened the door and saw him playing with his dinosaurs on an Alphabet listed rug with dinosaurs imprinted on it. "Hey, Tim! It's time for dinner, mom's making Alfredo tonight."

"Alfwedo? Yes, my favwet." He smiled and reached his arms out as a picked him up and took him downstairs.

Max and Martha were already downstairs looking at me urgently, wanting me to hurry up so we could eat as a family. Max and Martha were crazy about Alfredo pasta. Well, they were crazy about cheese. I don't know why, it's just cheese.

Max pulled out a chair next to him for me to put Tim in.

"Thanks, Max," I easily put Tim in the chair with pillows stacked on it so he wasn't down low.

"Thank you, Kristy." Tim smiled with only his 5 teeth.

I pushed him in a little. "You're very welcome Tim."

I sat down in my chair and started spinning the pasta on my fork. "Why can't Tim just get a high chair? It would be less effort to deal with."

"Because Timothy isn't a baby anymore." Mom replied, covering her mouth as she chewed.

"You're right he's a toddler." A familiar voice that sounded like Dad approached us from the doorway.

"Dad your back!" I exclaimed, leading the family over to him and giving him a huge hug. 

His huge big arms covered the whole family's love and happiness.

"Daddy." Timothy, the last one in the group jogged over to his dad as we all stepped out of the way for their reunion.

Dad picked up the little boy threw him in the air, and caught him in a big hug.

"How was the trip?" Max asked as we all started heading back to the table.

"Las Vegas is a nice place, lots of casinos, but nice. Joetta and Brandon told me to tell you and the kids hi." Dad let us know as he fixed himself a fulfilling plate.

Dad went on a family trip with his sibling's aunt Joetta and Uncle Brandon for a vacation. It's been 2 weeks since he left and now he's finally back.

I looked out the corner of my eye and saw Tim making a huge mess with some noodles on the table and other noodles looking to escape the hungry beast.

Did I tell you that my pet peeve is when people don't know how to eat?

I grabbed a paper towel and wiped the messy alfredo sauce off of his chin and his cheeks.

Since I was done with my food I decided to help Tim eat the right way.

"Here comes the airplane!" I did all the little sound effects and the loopy loops into his mouth. 

He closed his mouth with the food in it and grabbed the fork from inside his mouth.

"It still works! I didn't think 4-year-old Tim would play along like he did when he was 1." I smiled, impressed at my skills.

"Yeah, that's because that was just 3 years ago, you brainfart." Max acted as if he knew better.

"Were you born this stupid or did you take lessons?" I got back at him, continuing to feed Timothy airplane style.

"You're so full of shit, the toilets jealous," Max replied back at me, pointing a finger at his butt-whole.

"Language, Max, and not at the dinner table," Mom called out making us stop.

"You're so gross I can't even." I rolled my eyes and finished up with Tim.

"Yeah, Max, you shouldn't be cursing like that in front of Timothy." Dad looked at him with genuine eyes.

"Fine, sorry dad" He apologized, cleaning his dish and going upstairs.

I took in Tim's plate rinsed it off and put it in the dishwasher.

"Hey, Martha you coming?" I ask before going upstairs.

"Nope, I'm staying for seconds." She said with her mouth full and a big smile showing all the cheesy noodles chewed down in her mouth.

"Oh! Okay, bye mom, bye dad." I go upstairs.

I walked inside my room:

I got on my bed and got cozy. I took out a book next to my drawer, it's called Stranger Things. I've been reading it for a while now, so far it's really good. My friend Alma, recommended it to me. 

I got a knock on my door, expecting it to be one of my parents. "C'mon in," I say still reading the book.

"Hey, brainfart." Max sat on my chair.

"Max, get out of my room before you make me turn into a cannibal." I try my hardest to ignore his presence.

"Okay, but mom wanted me to tell you to get some sleep since we're leaving early in the morning." He got up and left.

Early in the morning? Oh, shoot.

I sprung off my bed and grabbed a backpack to start packing my 10 important needs inside: my phone, its charger, my iPad, its charger, my laptop, its charger, my extra blanket, perfume, lotion, and candy.

My bag is now complete. I went back to my bed and continued where I left off until my clock read 12:30. I decided to place my bookmark where I stopped and get a good night's sleep.