twelve: kool-aid

"hey what's up? where you been? i've been waiting by my phone. I don't know, what to think, i've been trying to figure you out. after hours, can't you tell, i've been working hard lately, tryin now to find a way to get to you."

"you're on my mind and i want you as mine but you, you waste my time so i'm always runnin. don't turn away, im not, not what they say, but you, not used to fate so you're always runnin."

"just friends don't do what we do..."

- Just Friends, Audrey Mika
_____________________________

marcel.

the whole gang plus rosa spent the evening at marchellos that night and it went better then i would have thought. everyone was able to mesh so well. it's like rosalita completed the group we didn't know needed completing.

although i could sense something was up, or at least wrong. even with the fact that she was playing a whole different person, something rosalita related was going on, rather than "kim" related.

so when rosa excused herself for a minute, i waited to say i needed to go to the washroom, to lessen suspicion.

i quickly went the direction of the washrooms before discreetly changing course and hearing her just behind a corner before the woman's bathroom.

"Mom, why are you calling me right now? i'm out with them, this is risky no?" i hear her smooth low voice say.

shouldn't her mom not know she's out with me? maybe she's lying. telling her mom she's out with other people that's not actually us. why am i nervous. why am i suspicious? i don't want to be suspicious of rosalita,

i think.

"Uh, no, nothing to report so far, there's no meddling or anything like that. Wait I feel like meddling is the wrong word, there's another one i could use and it's on the tip of my tongue but i can't remember it, you know how i am with words. anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, no, he's good so far."

she's rambling. somewhere in there she's lying. whos he? me? maybe i'm too gullible. maybe someone should tell me what the actual fuck is going on.

what is she lying about and who is "he"??

i hear an end call sound and a deep breath before long legs turn a corner and i find her unnatural green eyes yelping at me.

"What the fuck ringer, warn a person."

"Who was that?" I ask coldly.

she narrows her eyes at me and answers slowly: "my mom."

"What were you talking about?" I inquire

her face gets defensive. "Respectfully, none of your business ringer, now please, mov-" she says, interrupted by my chest, which she bumps into, blocking her way back to my friends. or rather, my family.

"Who the fuck is "he?" i say a little stronger

her eyes trace my face, her wrinkled brows looking incredulously at me. almost looked like disbelief and anger. if anything, I should be shocked or angry.

"I'm sorry, i didn't know your ears were fucking broken, let me anunciante: it's. none. of. your. business." she says lowly

her upset face turns into a villainous smirk.

"Why? You jealous?" her head tilts and her tongue glides along her teeth and poked out on her cheek. fuck she looks hot right now. i just want to slam her into the wall and-

shit. this isn't how my mindset can go.

her brows raised at my absolute gawking while my mind floated everywhere but where i was.