𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Michelle had been in the hospital for some time now, and every day she'd gone to see Johnny.

One day was a particularly hard one though,

She had been woken up by a rowdy Two-bit and a sickly-looking Ponyboy.

"Ponyboy, are you alright? You look worse than I do, and that's saying something." Michelle said, jokingly.

"Yeah, I'm alright Shelly. Just need to take some aspirin." He smiled.

"Alright. Well, can we go see Johnny?" Michelle asked, looking between Ponyboy and Two-bit.

"Yeah, let's get you in the wheelchair." Two-bit smiled.

"No it's okay, I wanna try walking today."

"Are you sure? It's alright to be in the chair — nothing wrong with it. Right, Two?" Ponyboy said, looking at Two-bit with almost a desperate look.

"What — Yeah! Maybe the chair would be better for right now!" Two-bit said.

"Please guys, It's fine. I'm fine!"

"Alright, but let's bring it just in case." Ponyboy gestures to Two-bit to bring the folded-up chair.

"Okay fine." Michelle huffed as she stood up from the bed. From not walking for a while, she was a bit wobbly and Ponyboy was right there by her side.

It took a lot of persuading for them to see Johnny, they said he was getting worse, critical condition. it took a doctor to say something to the nurse for the three to go in.

It wasn't easy to tell, but there was something off about how the doctor sounded. The quietness of the hospital was all still weird, even for Michelle who'd been there just as long as Johnny.

Walking into the room, the sight of Johnny still pained Michelle, even though she'd seen him like that every day.

"Hey, JohnnyKid," Two-bit said.

"Hey y'all," Johnny replied weakly.

"They treatin' you okay, kid?"

"They don't," Johnny gasped like he couldn't get enough air, "don't let me put enough grease on my hair."

"It's alright Johnny, you don't gotta talk, just listen. We'll bring you some grease next time."

Johnny swallowed deeply in reply.

"We have a rumble tonight," Two-bit said, pulling up a chair next to Johnny.

That was a shock to Michelle, "You guys didn't say anything to me about that?" she said, questioningly.

"Shoot — sorry Shelly I was supposed to tell you. I'm sorry." Pony said.

"Pony you're not fighting, are you? I mean —"

"I'll be fine, I promise."

"Don't get killed now, that won't be any good."

"Tim Shepard came by — To see Dal," Johnny said suddenly.

"You guys know you got your name in the paper? Makes y'all out to be heroes."

"We ain't no heroes. Just in the right place at the right time." Michelle said quietly.

"Tuff Enough," Johnny said.

Johnny had started to get tired now, it was easy to tell.

"You want anything else from the shop, kid?" Two-bit asked.

"A copy of Gone With The Wind. Can you go to the drug store?"

"Yeah, I'll be quick." And Two-bit had left.