The Liar, The Traitor and His Queen.

"I'm a rich woman we both are Gigi." Giorgia beams at Anna's words then looks downwards. "We still don't know who our mother is or was."

Faith POV

It saddens me to hear the pain in Giorgia's voice but I'm at least glad they're independent now of their families. We make our way to the restaurant we prearranged to go to for lunch. It was meant to be a celebration lunch but somehow I don't think it is. We are shown to our seats and we all order burgers, chips and a milkshake. At least Anna and her sister are getting to eat a type of food they have always wanted to try. I sense Giovanni glancing at me whenever he thought I wasn't looking. I suspect those two letter don't hold anything good in them.

"You know I think we should go shopping this weekend a girls only trip. You both need bathing suits and some more clothes in your working wardrobes. I know the best shops in town and we could hop on the plane and go to Spain and Denmark."

"You have a husband Faith you can't leave him alone all weekend for us." They didn't know Giovanni and I already discuss the trip I'm taking them on. "It's alright Anna he will be fine I'm sure him and his friends have some mad guys weekend planned. Isn't that right darling?"

"Yes it is enjoy go and yourselves all three of you."

Our food comes and we make a start on it. Giovanni looks at me conspiratorially there was no guys weekend. Yes he was having a drink with Theo and some friends that flew in from Denmark. But that was a cover he was going to dig deeper into his cousin's past.

When lunch was over Anna and Giorgia leave with their bodyguards to explorer the city. I went back to the office and Giovanni had an engagement to do. If I'm being honest I didn't expect my life to be this. There's so many serious issues happening all at once. I thought I would've made some new friends by now. But apart from Giovanni's relatives I have yet to make any friends in Italy. What was I going to do when Susan and Theo leave?

"That's the last of them." I put the phone down and walk out my office I have to admit the new doctors are really turning out to be a god send.

"We have seen every staff member that works in all of the palaces. It took weeks but it's done everyone's file has been updated. I'll see you all tomorrow." I say to my staff.

I walk into Giovanni's office without knocking it wasn't empty I saw his assistant private secretary rifling through his papers. He was so preoccupied with what he was doing he didn't hear the door being open. I see him on his hands and knees trying to open a safe. When it wouldn't open he kicks it in frustration I close the door and observe him through a tiny gap. He tries several times but fails to open several drawers. He gives up and throws his hands up in frustration. Then I see him place two objects in the room. I had to remind myself to keep quiet but I accidentally let out a sound. He looks up in alarm and I move away from the door quickly. Unfortunately when you're six months pregnant not quickly enough. I open the first door I could find it was Raphael's office. He goes to say something and I shake my head in warning and hide in his bathroom.

I hear his room door open, "Did you want to speak to me?"

"Of course not why do you ask?"

I thought I heard a noise while at my desk. How was the engagement?"

"The usual his majesty is a natural at his job."

I hear a laugh, "He's not in the room no need to suck up to him in my presence. Giovanni maybe king but I'll let you into a little secret it won't be for very long."

"What do you mean?" Ask Raphael as he sits on his desk and faces the traitor.

"I shouldn't say but we need someone of your calibre on our side. We have a plan to oust him and make Ruthann's son king. His blond hair blue eyed wife is the perfect image of an Italian queen."

"There's already a queen."

"Not for long."

"Is there many of you who thinks this way because the country love their new queen? She's a doctor you know an actual doctor. I go to Starbucks and overhear people bragging about it. You go to America or another country and the Italians there brag about the doctor that's their queen and they don't live here.

"There's a network of us from different countries. So you want in on the plan?"

"Of course I want in."

I was angry and disappointed in Raphael how could he betray us like that. I was about to confront the pair of them when common sense takes over. I couldn't out manoeuvre two six foot guys.

I sits on the toilet seat and wonders what to do when i hear the toilet flush. Putting a hand to my mouth I begin to panic.

There's a completion with this chapter information on my page