chapter 55

S H O P P I N G

Gripping onto my waist, Antonio pulls me back - away from the burning body

"Would you like to stay and watch him burn or would you rather let me take you shopping for tomorrow tonight?" Antonio asks, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"What's tomorrow night?"

"You'll see," is all he says and I turn my head to him.

"I wanna go shopping," I smile.

"Perfect. Now why don't you go upstairs and get ready. I'll find you in a minute."

He places a quick kiss on my lips before I rush upstairs.

I push the door open, taking a deep breath in. I lift my hand to my heart, walking to my room. I walk inside, shutting the door behind myself.

Kingsley barks excitedly, wagging his tail as he stood on the edge of the bed.

He deserved it, Nirah.

I walk over to my bed, sitting down next to Kingsley. He climbs onto my lap, resting his head on his front paws.

Sofly dragging my hands down his soft fur, a tear slips from my eye.

I just killed someone.

Someone who deserved it!

I just killed someone.

Someone who hurt you and hundreds of others!

I just killed someone.

Someone who would've showed you no mercy.

Wiping my tears, I carefully lifted Kingsley off my lap and laid him on my bed. I got into the shower, letting the hot water relax my tense muscles.

I hopped out and got dressed. I put my hair up with a claw hair lip, pulling out the little front stands of my hair.

Katie had come in to take Kingsley while Antonio and I was away.

"You can take him for a walk. And please don't forget his meal times," I say and she nods.

"Yes ma'am."

"Nirah," I correct her and she softly smiles. "I really missed you," I approach her. "Can you forgive me for being mad at you?" I ask and she gives me a motherly smile.

"I was never mad to begin with. I knew you just needed time," she says and I smile, pulling her into my arms.

She left and I started adding my jewelry.

"Antonio!" I hear an aggressive female voice growl from downstairs.

Clipping on my earing, I knitted my brows together. I grabbed my bag before walking out of my room.