Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Harry's training had begun practically as soon as he arrived back at Hogwarts. The sun was just starting to break the sky when he met his brother and the two set about conducting their daily training. It went better than the previous day, and Harry had few critical words for his brother. Part of this was likely due to his sleep deprivation, but he chose not to dwell on the weakness of sleep.

As the two were walking back up to the castle, the feeling of not sleeping for over twenty four hours hit Harry regardless of his feelings on the matter. He was used to the lack of sleep though, and summoned a pepperup potion from the Mokeskin pouch that Sirius had given him for his 16th birthday. Uncorking the vial, he downed the contents eagerly allowing his energy to return temporarily.

Justin had noticed Harry's fatigue during training and finally asked, "Up all night working on the map?"

"And more, yes. I have discovered the first task." Harry said patiently.

Justin nearly stumbled over his own feet, "Seriously? When I joked about you not figuring out the task over the first night I wasn't being serious. How did you find out? What is it?"

Harry looked across the grounds, and confirmed the boys were still alone this early. He looked towards the Beauxbatons carriage in the distance and saw a few girls out trading spells, but they were far enough that there was no way they would hear him, "I told you I had friends at the Ministry. Now don't freak out, because I have already started on a plan. Promise me you won't freak out."

The two were stopped now looking at each other, and he could feel his brother's nervous anticipation, "I'll be calm, just tell me!"

Harry sighed, "Dragons, it's the first task."

Justin looked at his brother in shock, "No, it can't be. Even the Ministry wouldn't be stupid enough to pair up barely of age wizards with dragons."

"We don't have to defeat it. Just take something from its nest. For you, we are going to stick to your strengths. You are an amazing precision flier, so we will get your broom to you, and I will have you blind it from the air. Now a blind dragon is a pissed-off dragon, but I think with your speed, and its inability to see, you will be able to complete the task. We will practice a few strategies to make sure you have some good backup plans, but all things considered I am not worried about your ability to survive the task." Harry said calmly.

This seemed to allow the normal oxygen and color to return to Justin as he took a deep breath, "Alright, Harry. I trust you. What's your plan going to be?"

Harry grinned at the boy, "You will just have to wait and see. Just make sure you get out and see it, because I am going for some showmanship on this one. I may tell you as we get closer, but I have to make sure I can execute what I am thinking."

Justin nodded, "Alright, Harry. Thanks for telling me."

Harry threw his arm around his brother, "Gotta keep my little protege alive after all, right?"

"Speaking of being kept alive, how do you think you will fair with a 'date' from a French Veela this afternoon?" The boy asked cheekily.

"I already saved her life, so I think I would have to botch it pretty badly to make too much of an arse of myself. Plus, with the both of us being able to control ourselves around her allure, you might even make a good matchup for her little sister. Should Susan be worried?" Harry turned his jibe back on him.

Justin grinned and put his hands on his own chest making an obnoxious gesture of breast size, "Harry, have you seen my girlfriend? She has nothing to be worried about."