Chapter Nineteen

The next morning, Sophia and Bucky had already finished their breakfast together. Bucky was just about to swim a few laps in the pool while Sophia was getting ready in the bathroom.

Full of melancholy, she thought that more than half of their vacation was over and that they would be going home in three days. She would like to stay here with him forever, away from all the trouble, just him and her. Of course, she knew that this wouldn't work, but she longed for it very much.

Even if she wasn't very enthusiastic about the mountains and all the hiking stuff at first, she had liked it in the meantime. The thought of living in this house together made her smile involuntarily. It was a nice thought.

Finished in the bathroom, she slipped back into the bedroom to get dressed. The temperatures had risen quite a bit so that it was already warm although it was just nine o'clock in the morning. It would be a beautiful summer day.

Bucky had done the right thing and jumped into the cool water, the best thing to do on a day like this. She would have liked to keep him company, but as she was preparing breakfast, she realized that some of their supplies were already gone and they needed more. So she decided to drive quickly to the nearest town and buy a few things for the last few days.

Today's choice of clothes fell on a cute light blue summer dress. Since dating Bucky, her confidence had taken a huge leap. The dress only covered as much skin as needed, and she knew Bucky would love it.

Since she was rather the old-fashioned type, loving to write things down with pen and paper, she decided to write a little shopping list. Having a pen in her bag was an absolute must-have for her, but unfortunately, she had forgotten her notepad at home. Hoping to find something, she was now rummaging through the hall closet in search of a piece of paper.

And indeed she found a small blank pad in the drawer of the large hall closet. Pleased with her success, she pulled out the pad and her eyes fell on the card tucked underneath. It was a postcard from Catskills, the place she was vacationing with Bucky. Grinning, an idea occurred to her.

Sitting down at the dining room table, she began writing something on the card, grinning to herself the whole time. Satisfied with the result, she put the card aside and quickly wrote down the shopping list before heading out to Bucky on the terrace.

Bucky had just finished his last lap and, soaked through with his hair tousled, climbed out of the water, walking towards her, smirking. He looked so damn hot with his wet muscular body clad only in his swim shorts, with his manhood clearly showing through the wet fabric.

"Hey, beauty. Nice dress." Licking his lips, he examined her from top to bottom, loving how she dressed now, although, of course, he preferred her without any clothes at all.

Frowning, he made a pout. "But why are you wearing so much clothing? I was hoping you would join me in the pool?" Surrounding her, he was about to reach out to her as she held out her hands to defend, giggling. "Don't. You're soaking wet."

Bucky waggled his eyebrows seductively. "Come on, I know you like it wet baby."

Sophia laughed, shaking her head. "You're unbelievable."
Bucky's eyes darkened. "Oh I know that baby but thanks for the flowers," then he got curious, "So why don't you have time to play around in the pool with your boyfriend?"

"Because we won't have anything else to eat soon, sweetheart. And," she waved the postcard she had filled out in front of his nose, "because I have to take this to the post office. So I'll drive into town and get everything done."

Confused, he looked at the postcard. "Where did you get it? And who do you want to send it to? Claire?"

She held it out to him, shaking her head. "Not quite. Here, read for yourself. Remember our conversation yesterday."
Bucky quickly grabbed the towel that was lying on the sun lounger and dried himself off a little before taking the card and starting to read it out loud.