Chapter 3

The girl's continue to the brawl for the rest of the lunch break, wrecking the art room. Naoto was too nervous to stop them and also wanted to get Gamo-Chan's question off his mind, he sat down at the table the girls set up and did some homework while he ate his lunch. He tried to keep focus but that question knocked a screw loose and each time he would try to complete a problem his mind wandered back to the question of what he would do if his kōhai really did ask him out. Would he reject it? His mind immediately said no but he was also reluctant to if he would say yes. He shook his head wanting to forget about it since no way in hell did Nagatoro like him. Right?

—————————-

Soon enough the bell rung causing the lunch break and the brawl to end. The two girls both have each other a death glare before grabbing their things, leaving the mess they made for Naoto to clean. Naoto quickly packed up his things and left leaving the art room to be cleaned up later when he comes here after to school to get some drawing done. He made his way to his next class his head still centered around the question. He got to his next class and sat down, his seat was pretty far from the window but he  still noticed how nice the weather was, perfect for a date. Naoto thought about that for a second until his mind came up with such a ridiculous idea, to him at least. What if he asked out Nagatoro himself? His face became red at the thought, no that's stupid he told himself. What if it wasn't a date, just two friends hanging out, He did want to see Nagatoro after all and because of that situation he lost all the time he would spend with her today because she had Judo club. He nodded to himself a little smile creeping onto his face, just two friends hanging out that sounded good. After he began worrying how exactly how he would ask her without being a gross pervert.

———————————

The bell finally rung and like always Naoto waited for most of the students to leave the room. After more than half have left he grabbed his things and made his way too the art room. He took his phone out deciding to just send Nagatoro a quick text to ask her to hang out, "Hey after Judo club would you like to go somewhere? It's a pretty nice day out." Naoto's face red as he typed it, he has never been this bold before. He got to the art club room finding his club member Hana Sunomiya staring at the mess. Naoto quickly rushed up to her and started to frantically apologizing, "S-sorry Sunomiya, Nagatoro and Gamo-Chan got into a fight a-" He was caught off by Sunomiya putting her index finger over his mouth, "It's okay Senpai if it included Nagatoro-Senpai I know this mess was required for the true art forming between you two." She said a glint of determination in her eyes. Naoto blushed at this comment, holding his head down so it wasn't visible. After this they both started to clean up the mess. It wasn't much so they got done pretty quickly. As Naoto thanked Sunomiya he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out seeing a message back from Nagatoro, "Are you asking me on a date because of what Gamo said? You're so gross Senpai." This was followed by the laughing cat emoji. Then after Naoto felt defeated another text saying "Let's meet at the park around 5. After judo I need to take a shower and get ready, see you then." Naoto was surprised by such a serious text, almost every single time she texted him it included some type of tease. He forgot about it and responded with "Great, I'll see you then." He put his phone down and checked the time. It was 2:50 and Judo class ended at 3:15. He decided to leave around the same time filling the time between with drawing some of his manga. On his way home he felt a tightness form in his chest while his mind focused on what he would do for the date he had with- no he shouldn't call it a date, that was gross. He berated himself for using the word, but once done beating himself up he continued the thought before thinking about what he would do while hanging out. The tightness became tighter as he started to worry and become anxious about what exactly he wanted to do at the park, he did ask her out after all. While thinking this he walked past the park he would be meeting Nagatoro later. He looked over and saw a couple holding a picnic they were laughing and enjoying each others company. Naoto after seeing this decided he would also hold a picnic for him and Nagatoro. He knew he was pretty good at cooking due to him not having much friends in his life he spent a lot of time with his mother who taught him how to cook. Once he got home he decided to text his parents that he would be going on out around 5 and would be home relatively late. Afterwards he took his shower and started cooking. He decided he would make a bento box for each of them, it would include rice, strips of chicken, a mix of vegetables. With the bento boxes he decided to bring a separate plate covered with a variety of fruits. He packed all of this in a basket he found in one of the closets around the house and also grabbed a blanket they would sit on. By now it was around 4:30 and Naoto changed into a more presentable uniform than his normal house clothes. He wore a plain white buttoned up short sleeved shirt with a sleeveless beige sweater and some average blue jeans. He looked himself in a mirror to see any imperfections with his outfit. He didn't enjoy how his body fit in the outfit and how his face looked but he did enjoy the outfit. Finally he grabbed his phone, wallet, and the basket before sliding in his shoes. He then left the house to meet up with Nagatoro.