14 | King Shadow x Reader - Promises [part one]

Side note, I know we've been gone for so long and haven't updated but my obsession with sonic coming back has me wanting to start writing again. This might be a little different than my usual one shots since it's been so long. And this chap will take place in the first 30 years later comic !!
(Some minor things might be changed here and there just for convenience) and I apologize if some things are out of order/not story accurate as I'm not completely finished with all the lore. Anyways I hope you guys enjoy it!! ^ ^
- Shqdow

Word count: 1680 words
Warnings: mentions of cuts/injuries during a mission (and if you haven't already you might wanna read the comic first, there are some spoilers here)

•••

You've known about Shadows reign over the past two decades that he once had on Mobius, who didn't at this point considering the drastic changes.

Although you'd like to say you've visited him often during his time as king, you knew it would be risky. There was strict rules set here and there while Shadow had control over Mobius, and you understood well that as much as you wanted to see him again, it could get you in a lot of trouble as well depending on how he'd react, knowing he isn't always the most forgiving hedgehogs of the bunch.

The two of you have known each other for years, even before he had 'rescued' Mobius after Sonic's presumed death and married Sally (who luckily eased up the strict rules Shadow had in place). You were there for him to comfort him after telling you his past and what had happened on the ark, and you wanted to be there for him now.

After knowing him for so long you knew his intentions weren't always cruel and evil as people thought they were, he was often misunderstood, misguided and even manipulated, but through it all he always tried to keep Maria's promise. Times were different though, his rule had been rough on Mobians and everyone knew that, yet he didn't see it that way. Although his actions went against what Maria truly wanted for the people, Shadow thought to himself that he should get revenge for dethroning him and reinforce peace afterwards.

You were currently staying with Amy, one of your closest friends that you've had for years and your biggest supporter. The two of you continued to go on adventures and beat goons beyond Mobius.

"Hey (Y/n), you feeling alright? You've been awfully quiet this whole time, it's not like you!"
Amy had exclaimed. As your best friend she always knew when you were feeling down, and was she right there to cheer you up.

You've been awfully silent the whole time more than usual, pondering over the thought that maybe you could try to seek out Shadow, you already expected Amy would try to stop you considering how dangerous it could be, but you had your heart set on finding him once again.

"(Nickname), are you thinking about seeing him again? I know we've gone over this plenty of times but think of the risks!"

The pink hedgehog continued to rant as you drowned out her words, Amy really has changed over the years. she's matured and shown more caution towards things but still kept her passionate spirit intact.

"Amy I know I know, I shouldn't go because this this and that, but things have changed ya know? Now that Sonic came back and is taking care of Mobius with Sally things are better." You said, trying to reassure her that it'll be alright.

You were aware of the dangers going to Shadow face to face, but you hoped he would show you any kind of mercy like he has in the past when you two were close, thinking about better times.

- Flashback -

You and Shadow sat on your bed, hissing from the rubbing alcohol as he tended to your wound.