[10] Shadow x shy reader~I did it for you~part one

(This oneshot has both Mario and Sonic characters during the events in the Mario and Sonic Olympic Winter Games.)

Words: 1167

I was ecstatic that I was going to be participating in the Winter Olympics! Especially with all my close friends competing with and against each other.

I've been training for years and all that work really helped out and hopefully I get good awards too if my performance doesn't flop.

Sonic and his friends were in the lobby of one of the houses in the Olympic village where we were staying until the sports started.

"So everyone has their rooms right? Mario and the other guys are staying in the other house next to us and have they're bags ready as well." Amy said.

I sat quietly with my bag next to me as I noticed Shadow leaning on the wall being quiet as well, not really making conversation with anyone like always.

He glanced at me and I quickly looked away hoping he didn't notice me looking at him. I blushed and stood up speed walking to my room upstairs.

When I finished setting up my side of the room I saw Amy walk in. "Hiya (Y/N), don't worry it's just me, I'll be your roommate for a while and don't worry I won't bug you." She said.

I smiled and headed off to the bathroom to get ready for bed. When I came back me and Amy made some small talk. "So what sport do you wanna do here? I really wanna try figure skating with Sonic, it's so romantic with partners..." she said in a sing song voice.

"Oh well I guess I've always been good at skating in general so I guess figure skating would be fun as well." She nodded and started blabbing about Sonic and how cute they would look together on ice.

I was daydreaming about me and Shadow, just the two of us skating together. The lovely music drowning out the noise from the crowds. I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts as a pillow hit my face.

"H-hey Amy what was that for!?" I said in annoyance. "You were thinking about him again weren't you..." she said giggling at me. I blushed knowing she was right.

"See your blushing again! You always do that when your daydreaming about him." Amy is my closest friend out of everyone here and we tell everything to each other. She found out after a while about my crush on Shadow and always teases me about it when she sees us together.

I've been wanting to tell Shadow that I like him but I'm too shy and every time I talk to him I  start stuttering like a fool and embarrass myself.

"I'm telling you (Y/N), you gotta tell him one day. You can't keep hiding your feelings forever..." Amy said with a hand on my back. " I know Amy, I just don't know how to tell him..."

'Since I cant tell him, maybe there's a way I can show him how I feel!' I thought to myself. Since I'm going to do figure skating I'll try to get a good score so I can really show him how good I can be...

~the next day~

We all left our rooms and got ready to eat breakfast. Sonic ate chili dogs of course, and everyone else ate the normal stuff you would eat in the morning.

After eating I decided to go train and practice my moves I'm going to perform for the skating. I decided to go to a secluded area so I could pay attention to my moves.

It was a large ice rink that had lights that were decorated with numerous flags around them. I sat down and put on my ice skates before heading in.

I walked on to the ice and regained balance as I started to form ballet like poses and figures. I spinned and did some twirls a couple times, almost falling on my butt.

I didn't notice the door creak as a figure walked in with another pair of skates. Suddenly, I bumped into the mysterious figure and fell on the cold ice.

I blushed a bit, noticing it was Shadow. "I-I'm sorry Shadow I didn't mean to bump into you..." he made a 'hmph' sound as he brought his hand down to my level and I grabbed it. He hoisted me up and regained balance as my face felt hot again, realizing he was holding my hand.

I slowly pulled it back and awkwardly thanked him. "So your training here today? I have to train as well so... if you'd like we could maybe practice together." He said looking to the side.

My heart did a backflip as I nodded. We slowly started to skate side by side and gained momentum. I did some small twirls and spins.

I did a scratch spin as Shadow looked at me surprised and started doing some moves as well, like it was a competition between us.

One of the moves I was going to perform was a Bielmann spin, one of the moves I still stumble a bit on. My attempt at the spin almost made me fall on my face but I didn't feel the cold ice.

Shadow's face was close to mine, his hot breath reaching my chilled face. My (animal type) muzzle felt hot and looked as red as a tomato. His arm was around my back keeping me from falling.

'I want to kiss him so bad, I have the chance but... what if he was weirded out and never talked to me again?' I thought.

I didn't want to take that chance so we stood up and I smiled a bit, noticing the red tint on his muzzle as well.

I began to practice again and wanted to land my ending stunt, a single salchow. Another move I wasn't so great at but after seeing some athletes nail it with precision, I wanted to try it too.

I spun in the air, aiming my feet close to the ice so I don't fall yet tilting slightly. My arms spun around with me like a ribbon being spinned in the air.

I landed on the ice with my arms out, looking at Shadow's face that was struck in awe. I smiled sheepishly, happy that he could see that I had skill and potential.

I walked out of the rink with my skates over my shoulder and waved goodbye to Shadow, who was still in shock that I landed a single salchow.