[1]

The six-year-old Airi stepped out of the Yamanaka shop happily, holding a bunch of flowers in her hand. "Dad really let me buy a lot of flowers," she giggled, remembering how she had pleaded with her father just a few hours ago. "I should hurry so I can be on time for the new baby."

As she walked, she spotted a familiar figure passing by. It was Kakashi, the fourteen-year-old boy with grey hair. Airi had always admired his talent and had even confessed her feelings to him a few weeks ago, only to be met with confusion when he asked, "Who are you?" She had been embarrassed and had run away, leaving him bewildered. But now, she found herself standing less than a meter away from him, her face flushing and a dreamy smile on her lips.

Unexpectedly, Kakashi halted and turned his head to look at her. Instantly, Airi dropped her smile, attempting to act calm and cool as his onyx eyes lingered on her. Her heart pounded loudly as they made eye contact, causing her to accidentally drop her flowers. "Ah!" she exclaimed, tossing the flowers aside, and then quickly ran away from him in embarrassment.

"Why did I do that?" she muttered in annoyance, covering her face with her hands. Just then, her best friend and teammate, Umino Iruka, appeared in front of her, looking concerned. "Airi, you look pale," he remarked.

"I saw Kakashi walking past me today. He noticed me, and... I burned the flowers that I bought with my dad's money," Airi confessed, averting her gaze from Iruka.

"You burned the flowers? Do you like him?" Iruka asked, staring at her incredulously.

"No!" Airi frantically waved her arms, her cheeks growing hot. "I just thought he was cute."

"Well, I've heard that he's really cold and distant with everyone," Iruka expressed his concern for his best friend, who he had a crush on. "And he looks like he'd eat you if he had the chance."

"He may seem aloof, but the truth is he's more than that," Airi smiled sadly at him. "He has had a rough past."

Unlike other Uchihas, Airi was kind and pacifistic. Her father believed she was too kind to be a shinobi, especially for an Uchiha. But that's also what Iruka admired about her—she was extraordinary.

"I'm just worried about your safety," Iruka sighed, conceding. A rosy blush appeared on his cheeks. "And I don't want you to fall in love with the wrong person. You deserve a nice guy."

Airi smiled at him before glomping onto him, pressing her cheek against his. Iruka didn't attempt to push her off. "I know you do, and I appreciate that."

As the memories began to fade, Airi's lips curved upward as she put the groceries away. It had been a few years since the Uchiha massacre, and the twenty-two-year-old princess had been working at the Military Police Force, just like her father, while also taking care of her little brother.

"I'm leaving," Sasuke announced, getting ready to leave the apartment.

"Hm? It's a bit early, don't you think?" Airi questioned.

"I have the academy test," he muttered, causing Airi's eyes to widen. "Oh! Right! I was about to—"

"Don't need," he cut her off coldheartedly before leaving the apartment and slamming the door, leaving Airi with a fallen expression. "Sasuke..."

Every day she tried her hardest to be there for her little brother, but he treated her coldly. She understood his reasons, but she couldn't help but feel sad. Her once cheerful little brother had changed since that day.