Zed | Chap. 75 | EDITED

The water running down y body felt better than anything I've experienced in my life; my skin felt so light now it was finally free of all that muck and grime. Lost in the moment, I allowed my wolf to come out so he too could enjoy a refreshing shower. The stalls were luckily bug enough to fit a giant Wolf in them, so I didn't have to worry about space.

Once we were both happy and refreshed, I stepped out of the stall, back into my human form then carefully wrapped a towel around my waist. With a smaller cloth, I ruffled my hair to quickly dry out the water, whilst walking over to the many mirrors displayed in the room. I washed my face with a splash of cold water then looked up into the reflective surface, surprised when I saw my face; I looked like shit. My hair had grown down to my shoulders, clumpy and knotted at places. My skin looked even paler now that all the dirt was cleaned off. Even my muscle mass had greatly decreased; to be fair though, I was always on the skinnier side, but I did my best to keep my body and mind in shape.

Hope this place has a gym.

I grabbed a razor, a can of shaving cream and scizors from underneath the counter. It was about time I got myself a proper hair cut. I began by gently snipping off my excess hair, the satisfying sound of the metal cutting into the strands making me smile with nostalgia at the memory of my mother; she's the one who'd cut my hair, once upon a time. And despite the many years between then and now, the souvenir was still fresh. I was never fond of neat, sharp cuts so I always liked to snip the strands until they were at a desired length without any real technique. I wasn't the kind who could easily grow a beard, but I nonetheless decided to glide the razor over my cheeks and skin, ridding it of any impurities. It wasn't the biggest makeover, but at least I was much more comf-

The door the washroom opened, the sound of naked feet hitting the tiled floor the only indicator someone had entered the steamy room. Despite the low visibility, I instantly recognized the silhouette of my brother as he walked in, dropping his towel before he stepped into one of the stalls and turned the water on. My Wolf's body language shifted immediately and I could feel him get on edge, snarling between his teeth. I grabbed the counter's edge, breathing slowly to keep my cool.

Zak however, decided otherwise.

Once he finished his shower, he placed himself to my immediate right before grabbing the razor beside me. I groaned, aware that speaking my annoyance would do nothing but amuse him further. He began to "shave" down his face, although he had less hair than I did so I have no idea why he even bothered. He hummed silently as he cut down his hair to it's usual length- a short, spiky look, before he turned an arched brow towards me.

He scoffed, before focusing back onto his reflection. "Still keeping that mutt on your hair?" I bit my lip, holding back my sour reply as he continued. "You do remember we'll be having guests by the end of the week?

- How could I forget..." I groaned, my annoyance growing evermore.

He scoffed before cleaning the blade of the razor and placing it back into it's original place. He gave himself another look into the mirror before turning his back to the counter and leaned onto it, his face turning stone cold. "Curtis gave me news about Bella. She gave birth, you know?"

His words almost made me cough up my lungs. I glared at him, dumbfounded as my chest tightened with anxiety. A lump clogged my throat, blocking the words from leaving my mouth. "Is... is she alright?"

Zak remained of stone, gazing at the floor tile. "She's fine. For now." His fists clenched tightly, to the point I could see his knuckles turn white while they shook. "She gave birth to a beautiful little girl. Looks just like her mother. At least, from what I'm told." His words hissed with vvenom "And I wasn't there to help her... To hold my baby girl..." his voice was hoarse, broken with anguish before growling with a sinister rage. "We have to act tonight."