Prologue

● —————————— ●

Monday

       Shortly after repairing the ink machine, Felix found that the small group of explorers that he’s journeyed with the past week or so, were surrounded by the press as soon as the news broke through the casino doors. Bendy was especially under the lime-light, he had been the first person with the ink illness to be cured after all. It was a good thing to, at one point or another, Felix had feared that Bendy would even make it to see the ink machine fixed. Felix frowned just thinking of how much pain he had seen the kid go through, and to think he’s had to deal with the wretched disease for the most part of his life.

       Felix was also highly interrogated by the press, seeing as he was a famous author. He was bombarded with questions such as when his newest book would be published and how he came into contact with the explorers. They also asked if Felix was going to write a novel based on his experience on this expedition. He was stumped by that question alone, not knowing if he was in the right place to write such a thing as he only wrote of his own adventures and this adventure was purely Bendy and Boris’ to share. Felix decided to dwell on the matter at another time, leaving the cluster of flashing cameras and journalists with a simple, “I don’t know.”

       Within hours, authorities arrived and began to attempt to move the ink machine for further use. They believed that if it could be transferred to a nearby hospital, then it would be a more widely spread cure to the ‘common folk’, as they called it. Felix didn’t agree with the terms they decided to use but didn’t argue as he knew the type of trouble it could get him into and frankly, he couldn’t afford that. However, Felix did agree with the idea of moving the machine to a hospital, it seemed as if the others did as well. Although it was unclear what Mugman and Cuphead thought of the matter as they were deep in conversation with two of the casino workers. The four seemed close, and Felix had just previously become aware that the brothers worked for the owner of the casino himself. He was also fairly certain he had seen Cuphead hug the man with the tall black hat, but he had only caught it out of the corner of his eye and wasn’t sure if he had seen something else entirely.

       He didn’t pay anymore mind to the situation, however. Felix had figured that he should go and set up his tent again as he was certain that he would be staying in town for a bit longer than he had originally thought. He also thought of the idea that he might as well go and visit Sheba, seeing as he hadn’t seen her since he had first come into town. She would definitely have questions for him after the newspaper came around tomorrow morning. He laughed to himself at the thought.

● —————————— ●