Inspector Andy Shaw

the  crime branch of mumbai police is planning a massive undercover sting operation to arrest crime lord Raghvan Dutt. inspector Andy shaw is a part of the operation. along with undercover officers stationed in a shantytown. However, the criminals spot the officers and the shootout ensues between the two groups in which civilians either flee the town or caught in the crossfire as a result of the gunfight. Raghavan  Dutt and his men successfully flee in their car by driving through the town but crashes it immediately after going downhill and escapes on foot. Shaw persists in his chase on foot as Raghavan Dutt and his men attempt to escape in a double-decker bus. Shaw manages to get in front of the bus and bring it to a halt by threatening to shoot the driver with his service revolver.

Later, Shaw is reprimanded by DCP Dixit  for letting the operation get out of hand but subsequently presented to the media as a model police officer. His next assignment is to protect Raghavan Dutt's secretary, Sakina Khan,  who plans to testify in court about Raghavan Dutt's illegal activities. At first, Sakina insists that she does not require protection, but Shaw has a fellow policeman break into her apartment and pose as a knife-wielding assassin. Shaw and Sakina fight him off and she agrees to be more cooperative. The two drive away in her car, but are ambushed by Raghavan Dutt's actual hitmen, who are scared away when Sakina threatens them with Shaw's revolver.

When Shaw arrives at his apartment with Sakina, he is surprised to find his girlfriend, Meghna and her friends throwing a birthday party for him, but Meghna becomes angry with Shaw after seeing Sakina only wearing lingerie and Shaw's jacket. Shaw eventually explains to Meghna that Sakina is a witness, but only after much bumbling and embarrassment. While he tries to apologize to Meghna, Salina discovers that the attack at her apartment was a sham, and decides to record over her taped confession about working for Raghavan Dutt that took place in the car ride there. She sneaks away while Shaw is sleeping and is not present at the trial the next day, which ends with failure for the prosecution because of Sakina's absence and tampering with the recording.

Though Raghavan Dutt is released on bail, he wants revenge against Shaw. He captures Sakina and threatens to kill her to ensure her silence. Shaw finds and frees her, but is attacked by several of Raghavan Dutt's men. When fellow Police Inspector Saagar arrives, he reveals that he had been working with Raghavan Dutt and thus Sakina's capture was merely a ruse to trap Shaw. To Saagar's grim surprise, the plan is also to include Dutt's men killing him with Shaw's gun to frame him for murder. Now a fugitive cop killer, Shaw must try to catch Raghavan Dutt and clear his name, taking his superintendent as a hostage in order to escape custody, though he soon lets his co-operative superior go free.

Sakina goes to Raghavan Dutt's office at a shopping mall to download incriminating data from Raghavan Dutt's computer system. Raghavan Dutt notices this and he and his men rush to the shopping mall to intervene. Shaw and Meghna, who are monitoring Raghavan Dutt's activities, follow. In the ensuing carnage, Shaw defeats all of Raghavan Dutt's henchmen (and destroys a good portion of the mall). The briefcase containing the computer data falls to the bottom floor of the mall, but Raghavan Dutt retrieves it after attacking Meghna. Shaw, at the top floor, slides down a pole wrapped in lightbulbs to the bottom floor and catches Dutt, but the rest of the police force quickly arrives and prevent him from further taking matters into his own hands. Sakina attests to them that Danish Khan killed Inspector Saagar and evidence of his crimes is in the briefcase. Dutt's defence attorney shows up and accuses the police of misconduct, prompting a beating from an at-wit's-end Shaw, who goes on to extend the beating to before being stopped by his friends.

Inspector Andy Shaw has been demoted to Trafic patrol as the result of his handling of his previous case, which involved the violent arrest of crime lord Raghavan Dutt and heavy property damage. The new duty pleases his girlfriend, Meghna, who is glad that her boyfriend is no longer taking difficult cases and has more time to see her.

However, the happy mood changes when Shaw is greeted by Raghavan and his bespectacled right-hand man John Gomez. It seems Raghavan Dutt is terminally ill with only three months left to live, so he has been released from prison, and while he is still alive he vows to make life difficult for Shaw.

John Gomez and some henchmen show up at Shaw's apartment and intimidate him, baiting the policeman to attack. Later, Meghn and her aunt are beaten by John Gomez and his men. Shaw can no longer hold back, and he lashes out against John Gomez and his men at a restaurant.

Ashamed of his behavior, Shaw resigns from the Mumbai Police crime Branch. He plans to take a trip to Singapore with May, but while he is at a travel agency in a shopping mall, some police officers see him and report that the mall is under a bomb threat.

Unable to resist the urge to get involved in police work, Shaw tells the officers to sound the fire alarm and have the mall cleared, and agrees to take responsibility for the decision. A bomb does indeed explode, and the entire mall is leveled by the blast.

Shaw is praised for his efforts, and he is reinstated and assigned to solve the case of the bombing. Shaw plants a covert listening device in the mall property company's office to try to learn more about the bombers. This leads to a suspect who is a deaf-mute and is a fierce martial artist and explosives expert.

The bombing gang (four men consisting of the leader Tall Saleem Khan, and the two bomb experts, one of them being deaf-mute), also aware that the police are on to them, plan a simultaneous bombing of the property company and the police headquarters. They double their ransom demand to $20 million and kidnap Meghna , luring Shaw into a trap in which he is strapped with an explosive vest and forced to pick up the extortion money from the property company.

After picking up the money, Shaw tells the gang that they are being followed and split up. Shaw, still holding the ransom, is able to drive his car into a tunnel so that the bomb he is wearing cannot be activated and he strips it off. He then goes to rescue May, who is being held in a warehouse full of fireworks.

After defeating other gang members, Shaw again faces the deaf-mute man, who throws large bang snaps at him. Shaw is unable to beat him hand-to-hand, but then gains the upper hand with brutally retaliation on the mute man by using his own bang snaps against him, and throwing him off a third story catwalk onto a pile of plastic drums below. Shaw then rescues Meghna and departs the warehouse, just as it explodes in a huge ball of fire.