Chapter 19

A few days later I was curled in a ball on the floor of the cell sleeping when the door opened. I woke up and saw someone standing there but I wasn't sure who. The guy had a metal mask on.

"Who are you?" I asked and he laughed.

"I forgot you wouldn't know me in this new form." Victor said and I just looked at him.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well see Reed was working on machine to change everyone back to normal form and I got it to work for Ben and he is back to normal. Problem being I had to be the one to supply the extra power and now this is what I have become. I love it." Victor said and shot an electric shock towards me and I moved as best as I could be he clearly missed me on purpose.

"Are you letting me go now that you go what you want?" I asked and he laughed again.

"I haven't gotten what I want yet. I want the whole team gone. Right now I just have Ben. No, I am taking you with me so you can see me get rid of the rest of the team." Victor said, grabbed wrist tightly and dragged me through his office building into his office. He threw me in a chair and zip tied me to the chair. Once I was tied in the chair he gagged me and I tried fighting but the zip ties cut into my ankles and wrist. I saw Victor pull a grenade launcher from the desk.

"Now let's see what Johnny is doing." Victor said and I screamed as he laughed the grenade.

*****JOHNNY POV*****

I had left the apartment for night thinking of where Victor could have Dani when I noticed something was off when power all over the city went crazy and I noticed that Reed's machine to fix us was going off and I rushed back to find Sue taking care of Ben who was normal again. As we were getting Ben settled Sue and I heard what sounded like an explosion and saw a missile come right at us.

"Oh no..." I said and looked over the side of the building from the balcony.

"We got to get out of here." Sue said behind me.

"I've got an idea..." I said and she groaned.

"Don't even thinking about it." Sue said trying to grab me but I was already heading towards the edge of the building.

"Never do." I said and jumped over the edge.

"JOHNNY! NO!" Sue screamed and I fell.

"Come on....come on.....FLAME ON!" I yelled and caught fire and started flying. I noticed this missile followed me so it knew it was meant for me and set to follow wherever I went.

*****NORMAL POV*****

I watched Johnny jump off the building but then flame on and fly away and I smiled knowing he was going to beat this. That was until I saw him fly near the water and then there was an explosion causing me to scream again.

"2 down, 2 to go." Victor said and walked out of the office. I sat tied to the chair knowing I lost Johnny forever before I ever got to tell him I loved him and forgave him. I wasn't sure how long I had been there and crying until I felt someone taking the gag from my mouth but I didn't see anyone.

"Sue?" I asked.

"Shh." She said.

"Johnny." I sobbed.

"Shh, it's okay." She whispered.
"Sue! Reed! So nice of you to join the party." Victor said showing up and sending Sue and Reed shooting across the room with electricity. They started fighting Victor but I was free from the chair so I got up and distracted him by throwing the chair at him.

"Stupid movie Dani." He said and went to jolt me but Ben crashed through the wall being his brick looking self again and attacked Victor and they went flying out of the window.

"Dani, stay here!" Reed said and I watched them run out. I wasn't waiting here and I followed them out of the building. Once I got out to the street a crowd had gathered and I stood to the side. I saw Victor standing with a pole and he tried to shove it into Ben but Sue stopped him with her barrier power. Victor turned and saw Sue and Reed standing there.

"You three are pathetic." Victor said and went to throw the pole at Sue but a fire bolt came out of nowhere and I looked and I saw Johnny show up flying and land.

"Johnny." I whispered relieved as tears filled my eyes.

"You missed me." Johnny said and I shook his head at his cockiness.

"This is going to be fun." Victor said gathering all of the electricity. Debris started flying everywhere and I tried getting away from it as well as I could. I then felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I looked down to see a metal window frame piece in my stomach and blood pooling around the wound. I fell to the ground. People started gathering around and I heard Reed yell.

"JOHNNY SUPER NOVA!!!!" Reed yelled. When they were learning the extent of everyone's power they found out Johnny could go supernova which was 4,000 Kelvin which was approaching supernova which meant he would have been the temperature of the sun and it wasn't safe to reach.

"I thought you said that was bad?!" Johnny asked.

"NOW!" Reed yelled. I leaned up as best as I could and shook my head.

"Johnny no." I said quietly as I watched him flame on and get hotter than ever.

"Sue can you contain it?" Reed asked her and I watched her make a barrier as Johnny circled Victor. I was having trouble breathing when I saw Johnny fall to the ground. Once the barrier broke because Sue couldn't hold it Reed looked at a very hot all metal Victor.

"Is that the best you can do? A little heat?" Victor asked.

"Chem 101 Victor, what happens to metal when its rapidly cooled?" Reed asked as Ben kicked the top off a fire hydrant and started spraying the water towards Victor. You heard the hiss from the metal cooling. When the smoke cleared we all saw Victor frozen as a metal statue. I moaned knowing it was over with him.

"We need help over here!" A lady yelled who was kneeling beside me and Johnny looked over and saw me laying on the ground and ran over.

"Dani?!" Johnny said in shock and saw the metal in my stomach.

"Oh god, Dani, why did you come down here? You should have been somewhere safe." Johnny said and I shook my head.

"I needed to be here. I needed to see this." I said and Johnny shook his head. I started coughing and coughed up some blood.

"No, Dani, don't do this to me. Don't leave me." Johnny said.

"Johnny, I'm sorry." I said and he shook his head.

"No, don't you do that. Don't you start saying your goodbyes to me. You will make it through this and will spend the rest of my life showing you how sorry I am for being an idiot. You are my everything Danica Watts." Johnny said.

"I love you Johnny Storm." I said and he smiled leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Will you marry me Dani?" Johnny asked and I smiled.

"Of course you idiot." I said and he smiled then everything went black.