The Walk to School

Marinette sighed and looked at her alarm clock. 6:12. "Another year, but this one's different, I'm goin' to college this fall and-" She stopped when she realized she was only talking to herself. She pulled the big, long red ribbons out of her hair and felt her hair spill all over her back. She reached over to her chest of cross stitches and grabbed her black jacket from on top of it. She slipped her jacket on through her arms and wiped her eyes. She opened her little room door and almost tumbled down her stairs but slowed down. Her mother, Sabine asked Marinette a daily question. "Can you drive me to my paint class?" Sabine would repeat those same words every morning, and Marinette always agreed simply because she didn't want the risk of getting in trouble. "Sure, Ma, 'course." Marinette replied. She turned her back to her mother and walked out of her home. "Another day, I'm back at school." She quietly sung, beginning to feel embarrassed about the small song that she had made. She opened her car door and began her drive to school. She then turned on her favorite song, Kagami by Conan Gray. "The song even has her name, isn't that ironic, why can't Adrien just love me? I've loved him since we were 14, undeniably, he is the only boy I love." She said, wishing she could just become Adrien's lover, Kagami as she drove onto school, whispering the lyrics to her Playlist. Once she arrived at school, she opened her door and fell face first onto the concrete. "Shi-I mean uh- Crap." She whispered while lifting herself up. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted an old, short man in a red shirt, falling without his cane. "I should go help that poor man over there, looks like he's about dying."She sprinted over to the man and grabbed his wrinkly, decaying hands. She pulled him up and handed him his cane. "Have a good day, sir!" She said to him before skipping herself back towards what she      thought was her school. Her head looked up to the roof of the school "Higgs School for Girls". She sighed and forgot about her car. She ran 5 miles, all the way to school, but she saw the old man fron a few minutes ago following her. "Creep-" She scoffed, opening the doors to her school. "Alright, it's been 4 years and I've still made it to where no one loves Adrien, I mean, I love my girlfriend, Alya more but Adrien is just so pure and perfect."She said before stepping into her school doors.